Sunday, July 10, 2016

Heartstrings Quilt a Long

My Heartstrings group is having a Quilt a long - the goal - to quilt as many un-quilted tops as you can - These are quilts for Quilts of Valor, Hospice, your church group - whatever you donating to - so of course - I am trying to keep up and quilt some Quilts of Valor.

I get competitive that way (sigh) but I figure its a good competition because those that need to see the love benefit!!  ( I finished 4 this week - wish me luck for next week ok?)

Here is my progress for this week:


This one is a quilt that was made especially for a Veteran from Grenada.
It was the quilters first Quilt of Valor



My Plaid scrap quilt
The pattern can be found here:
it's pretty fast and easy

And a close up of the quilting



This one was made by Marilyn S
and I had fun!  I tried to quilt some patriotic motifs in the whites


and the next one...

Oh wait - you can't see it?
Well it's sort of a secret one
BUT!!! I did get it quilted and as soon as I can show it to you
you know I totally will!!!


This was Friday Night
The quilt is made by Judy and was a pattern found here

It was really cute - he was camping with his whole family, and it was also his birthday.
The Honor Guard came ( they were hs buddies) and we went in with them

He was shocked to see his buddies - but kept wondering who in the heck I was!!
And then - Ta-Da!!
WE showed him the love!!!


Linking to: PatchworkTimes


3 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Another beautiful bunch of quilts... and a teaser about the latest mystery, too. Looking forward to seeing that one!! (Since I am still in "commission mode" and couldn't quilt along.)

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

I'll be quilting a few QOV quilts made be a 4-H group for donation in their local area after they exhibit them at the fair.

Kate said...

Good luck with your quilting challenge!