Monday, October 03, 2011

Monday

Monday came Quick!!! I had all these plans to take all of Sunday and quilt and sew and quilt and eat chocolate.... but there were other things.....

We headed up northeast of us for a little recon mission, and I tell you the colors there were gorgeous. I always thought one had to head into the mountains to see the colors change so vividly... wrong. 

I am going to wow you with my great photographic instincts ( giggle) ready??

How about those clouds?



Out here the plains go forever - you can see any storm as it comes in... like this one, that caught us running back to the truck... when it rains - it RAINS!!

Doesn't the orange just stand out so starkly?

Oh the colors!

what a crew!

We made it back home in time to see this...

From our deck.
with our feet up.
with a cold glass of water in our hands.
wondering if we will ever get back to the sewing machine.



5 comments:

Quilting from Robin's Nest said...

Glad to see I am not the only blogger drawn to the colors of the sky. I have always loved looking at the clouds but here in Vermont they just look different.
Love you photos!

Impera_Magna said...

What lovely photos of all Nature in her glory.... winter's drabness will be here too soon so enjoy the fall colors while you can!

Amy (lilme2_99) said...

Gorgeous skies Alycia!!!!!!

Quilter Kathy said...

Those are gorgeous photographs...wow! What a beautiful world you have in your neck of the woods!

crossroadsquilts said...

Beautiful scenery! I love the greens in the trees....

How did the scouting trip go? See anything? Hunting season is upon us here - early goose now, archery deer, and soon full-blown duck season. I love going just so I can see the sights...God has blessed us so abundantly with nature!

Bari