Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Quilters Accountability 12-1-10

Lucky Me - I did not have any goals to accomplish over the last week - except to goof off - and I Succeeded!!!

I started a new quilt. The pattern is from http://www.maryquilts.com/ and is called Forest Bricks, but of course, my needs to be called Red Bricks... ohhh maybe it could be called the Red Brick House?
Anyways, I did it a little different because I had a bunch of left over 1 1/2 inch red strips. I sewed all of them together, and then cut them into the 3.5 x 6.5 bricks.

  


Sewing them to the strips


When I ran out of string bricks, I cut up some reds. All the blocks are now made, and even trimmed up.... so just need to put them into a top!! - what is the holdup lady.....
My goals for this next week
  • Finish Gift quilt borders. The top is made, but it needs borders.
  • Quilt a gift quilt (not the same one that needs borders)
  • Work on the Red Brick quilt top
  • Survive!!!
Go on over to Bari's to see what others are up to!

Have a great week!

3 comments:

Tamera said...

Your red brick quilt looks like it will be really cute.

crossroadsquilts said...

What fun! A new quilt...LOL. I think you can get your goals for this week finished....after all, look at all that time off you had last week "resting"! (Just kidding - don't go throwing boots at me or anything!).

Mary's Forst Bricks pattern is pretty and will look great in reds.

Can't wait to see what you get done!

Bari

Amy (lilme2_99) said...

Reading through your past posts regarding your Red Brick Quilt. I really like the adaptation you made to Mary's pattern---LOVE the string bricks!