Friday, November 17, 2017

On Ringo Lake Fabric Pull

Whoot Whoot - I am making it though my to do list a little bit... and on it was to pull some fabrics for the


Mystery by Bonnie Hunter

Every year millions upon Millions of quilters join in - and some! Even abandon Black Friday.... and every year I promise that I am going to keep up, and every year I participate.... I do not.... so I am shedding the expectations - I am joining in for the fun - and Next year about this time - I hope to have a finished Quilt top....

(ps - that's the stage of my last mystery EnProvence - Quilt top..... oops)


Alright - here are my fabrics:



I didn't really find any Coral/Peachy Colors - but I thought Orange would look pretty cool - So we will see - as the mystery gets going I have been know to *Find* more fabrics to add.....




Linking to:
Busy Hands Finished or NOT

14 comments:

Paige said...

What a beautiful fabric pull! Good luck with the Mystery!

Libby in TN said...

I think the orange is a great choice! Good luck keeping up.

Katie Z. said...

Orange is probably what I will choose as well. Good job working down the todo list!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Alycia,
I sure am enjoying seeing everyone's choices for the mystery QAL. Those fabrics look fabulous - I am not participating but will watch from the sidelines as your project progresses. You may eventually persuade me to jump in. ~smile~ Roseanne

Myra @ Busy Hands Quilts said...

Beautiful fabric pull! I'm resisting the pull to join and might succumb after all. I always regret it when I don't join. If I join, mine will be peach, aqua, NAVY and cream, borrowing the idea from the Sweet Marion fabric collection I've been sewing with. And you gave me permission to not keep up!! LOL.

Sally Trude said...

Looks great! The browns look nice and dark and I suspect that the contrast between the light, mediums (orange, turquoise) and darks will matter most. P.S. Quilt tops take up less space. : )

Christine said...

I always join in on Bonnie Hunter mysteries. I am also considering using orange as coral is not in my stash.

Jo said...

I haven't any of that coral either . My oranges are too bright. I am leaning more towards yellow... Don't worry I still only have a top from last year

The Joyful Quilter said...

Looks like a good substitution to me!! I may be subbing out my aqua for teal. Maybe I'll check the stash this weekend...

Jennifer said...

looks good! I'm subbing light blue for the aqua- that's what the stash will support. I sat out last year due to 2 new grandbabies, but I'm looking forward to jumping in again this year!

Ranch Wife said...

I haven't done Bonnie's mystery in a few years. I'm tempted by this one and I love what you've pulled. I might cave.

WeedyMama said...

Perhaps your sunrises have more orange in them? Each one is different.
And, GASP! There is not a plaid to be seen in that pile! Are you feeling well???

Florence said...

your colors will be perfect, that is the greatness of this all,,,,,,cant wait to start,,,let the fun begin,,,,

Kate said...

A great set of fabrics to start. The have fun part works for me too. I never keep up either.