Friday, July 22, 2016

Brick Cottage Lane 2

Myra - over at Busy Hands Quilts emailed me one day and asked if I would like to be a pattern tester for her new pattern.  And , um, yes!  I did want to test that pattern - Thank you very much!!!

She sent me the pattern and my mind automatically went to Patriotic - I am broken that way I tell you! It's either Patriotic or Plaids these days!!!  Who knew???

I am going to start my photos with my Finished Brick Cottage Lane 2 quilt - I want your eyes to pop and your brain to say - Oh My Goodness - SHE.... made that????   ( It's okay - I can take it!)


You will see my quilt is all scrappy
But head over to Busy Hand and you will see some other gorgeous planned ones
She sells this pattern and there are 4 different sizes available
I made the Lap Size one
As I wanted it QOV size


I think this is a easy to understand pattern
you know me - I work about an hour at one thing and have to go to something else
My hour time period worked well 
I had good stopping points and it was easy to start right back up the next hour




I think you could lay the quilt either way
and I like the look both ways!! 

I bet if you used southwestern colors it would seem like a desert!



And here it is again!
This is one of the quilts I mentioned I quilted for
my Heartstrings quilt a thon - but I couldn't show you
Are you proud that I could keep a secret this long???


It is quilted with stars to give texture and focus on the Quilt Pattern - and this one will be going to a Veteran real soon - I even know who!!!! Yay me!

Again - for more pattern details go to: Busy Hands Quilts  and check it out!



Linking to:
Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Ft Worth Fabric Studio
Buysy Hands
Crazy Mom Quilts

18 comments:

Gypsy Quilter said...

Oh my goodness, YOU made that?

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

Oh, I really like this pattern. Your QOV version is lovely. I'm also seeing it in analogous colors; I may have to make one of these. Thanks for sharing!

Mari said...

Really, really pretty! Looks almost Southwestern. Turned out great!

Alison V. said...

This looks awesome!

mangozz said...

I really love your version in red, white and blue! Someone will be thrilled to receive this quilt.

Sherrill said...

Ooo, I LOVE this pattern! And it's so pretty in your colors! I must resist!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Nicely done, Alycia!! Funny... you really CAN keep a secret. :P

Shannon said...

Love your version of BCL2!

WeedyMama said...

Just what I need! Another unfinished QOV in the pile.

Yours, by the way, is gorgeous. Lucky vet.

GranthamLynn said...

Love it. Looks like a lot of work!

Love Of Quilts said...

Very nice quilt top.

Afton Warrick said...

For your satisfaction, my eyes are popping, and "Oh my goodness!" Your scrappy, patriotic fabric choices work great for the pattern. Southwestern would be beautiful too, I think. I'm visiting from Quilting Mod and saw your CMQ link.

Michele said...

I really like it. Nicely done.

Anonymous said...

It came out great! I love r/w/b and use it all the time, too, for American Hero Quilts. Same-same. This design reminds me so much of a Navajo blanket. =)

KaHolly said...

Wow! I just love it!

Jenn @ A Quarter Inch from the Edge said...

It's scrappy, but doesn't lose the pattern at all. Well done! Thanks for linking up with TGIFF @ A Quarter Inch from the Edge!

Patti said...


that is really a header turner & I love your use of your fabrics

Judy said...

It is beautiful! I love patriotic colors!! Your quilts are so nice, and you sew them fast! Love the pattern. I'll cake it out! Thank you.