Monday, December 06, 2010

A New Member in the family

 Last week a new member of our family came to live with us. Her name is Emma, and she is trying to help balance out the hormone levels for me!

I am not sure that she and I are a match for the 4 men and boy dog we have, but we are certainly trying!

Today we decided to take her pheasant hunting. It was the first time I worked her all by myself, and we flushed up one bird, but it didn't fly high enough.


We didn't work too long, as we had to wait till school was over. There is not much light left after 3pm. My oldest son was laughing, he said that most moms ask their kids if their homework is done, but his mom asks if he has his longjohns on....and then loads everyone in the pickup!

Priorities right?

She is really fun, and joining in the family quite well!

It is quiet around here right now - the brush was pretty tall, and it took a lot of energy to keep walking. So we are all bushed.... ( love it!)

Hope you all are having a great evening!

4 comments:

Lori said...

a german shorthair? We had one, I loved her. She was a GREAT dog. Congratulations on adding to your "family".

Anonymous said...

You are my kind of family! We would fit right in at your house. The only difference is we don't have any pheasant around here and are right in the middle of duck season....mallard drakes...well, they have a ring around their neck like pheasant do, does that count?

Emma is gorgeous. Is she one of your dad's dogs?

Looks like you all had a great time.

Bari

Gypsy Quilter said...

I'm so glad you were able to adopt a new member of the family. What a great friend she will be.

omashee aka Barb said...

Welcome Emma! Looking forward to seeing some photos of the "dog kids" She looks a lot like my Jessie. So pleased you are able to accomodate another dog, what is life without them?