Last Weeks Goals were to:
- Finish 24 String block and trim them up . DONE
- Put string blocks into a top . DONE
- Help sons continue to sew on there ( hope to be this year) Fair quilts Still Working on it
The kids are working on their quilts, but I told them that they have to be motivated to get them done before fair - I am not going to be a taskmaster ( wish me luck with that one).
So here two of them are working away on their projects. This year they each designed their own quilts in EQ6/7. A little bit of a challenge for me, since last year they all made the same pattern. Didn't challenge my brain as much!
Goals for the next week:
I have decided that I am going to finish things. I have a pile behind where I sew, and I thought I should finish them up. So I pulled out the first stalled project after finishing the string quilt. And then I remember why I had it stalled. It is very patterny - and I wanted a small solid border before I added an outer border. Which I didn't have at the time. So I bought the fabrics for the outer border and forgot the black. Tomorrow I will go on the hunt for black - because in ALL of my fabrics there is not one single SOLID black.... go figure!
- Finish Quilt that needs black borders ( and obviously a name)
- Quilt Remembering George Quilt ( Judy L's pattern)
- Work on Stalled out Quilt #2 ( We will call it Wildlife - for lack of a better name)
My goal is to eventually finish the stalled out projects in this white bucket, the strings next to it, and then get to the NEW project in the black bucket. I have NO idea how long that will take, or even what all is in the bucket - so it should be fun right????
To See what others are doing go check out
and be sure to leave lots of comments for folks!