Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Around the Ranch Day 2

 I am so glad that you laughed with me at my Day 1 photos... you just never know what you will see.... and some days you do know , but! they strike a funny pose....


July is Monsoon Season... but not like the monsoons that you get on the coast or in the islands... but the weather pattern ( if we are not in a drought season) is beautiful in the morning - and then these storms roll in over the rockies and dump on us on the plains...


This is just watching one roll in... and if we get moisture - the happier I am.

The last couple of years we have just got the weather with no moisture - this year - rain ( please don't let me jinx it!! we still need it!!!)








One of our neighbors no longer has animals but they have this amazing hay field. They have been awesome enough to Hay it and let it all come to my house....

I am the driver - usually the kids throw the hay on the trailer and K arranges it... this year
We are all on our own... don't you feel so sorry for us?  Just kidding - we can do it! it exciting that our kids are getting some great opportunities this summer.  ( I still want to make them feel bad so they work hard when then do come home ;-)  )



Happy Photo of Puppy!!!  I was allowed near the garden!!!  I wasn't quite allowed to do anything in it! BUT!! Progress ...in letting me near.  so Puppy had to sit on the grass and watch.

He was ready to snitch on me if I got close to a plant tho!


Sometimes I try to Multi Task.  Red thought maybe he could answer an email or two as well.... 


As you might have guessed I love to watch the weather. I remember as a kid sitting on the porch with my Grandpa watching a storm come in - and I guess that never left me.

If you notice the sun setting and to the left is actually pretty clear - but the clouds rolling to me were a big storm setting up



I have cats!!! And baby Kitties!!!  
I loved this momma showing baby how to drink out of the pan. 


PS - I do have smaller pans for them so they don't have to be big kitties right away - but this little kitty is very precocious. He figured out how to run up the tarp straps - another photo I will try to capture!



The End

( But is it???)

6 comments:

WeedyMama said...

There is something about that low slanting light either before or after a storm that is just different from any other. Love the sunset pix.

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

So cute. I remember sitting on my porch during a soft rain and loving it. I pray you get more rain. I know how important it is. Thanks for sharing.

Delighted Hands said...

Amazingly beautiful and I know you make light of all the work it requires to be a rancher!

Carlie said...

Beautiful!!! Thanks for showing us a part of the world I've not seen!!!

Sandy said...

I love your photos. Your photo of the clouds over the land is simply stunning. The dark clouds are covering the sky, yet the sun is still shining on the land! How do you do that?! And the one in your header is very Van Gogh-ish, don’t you think? You are a multi-talented gal!

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Alycia, your pictures are amazing. I love watching the weather, predicting the weather, all of it! We were in the prairies many years ago and watched a storm come in - I had never seen anything so impressive. It's probably because you can see so far away. In the suburbs there are too many buildings around but I still love watching the sky in all of its glory. Thanks for sharing!