Wednesday, July 20, 2022

A Little Mountain Trip

 I really love that we are able to take day trips - and get somewhere really cool to hike.

I am not a fan of coming home to chores tho - those should just automatically be done! ( By who.?? Who knows???)

This day hike was awesome - and of course I took a million photos!!!!

But - because I know you probably have other things to do... I am limiting it to 500 😂


This is where our Hike started! I mean really - how can you not fall in love with that?
And here we all are - just to prove that we were together.



There was a little bit of a storm moving in, ( rain) and the clouds and the sun - I think made a perfect combination over these mountains.


I think clouds add Drama to Black and whites! and of course - B&W is one of my favorite looks!


A While ago I took Ricky Timms Photography class and he taught us the way to stitch your photos together to make a panorama.  I know there is a function on the cell phone too - but! I wanted to see if I could do it post processing.... 


And a FISH!!!! The water didn't look that clear to me - but we could see a ton of fish!!!!

Of course, about a mile into the hike - that rain that was making the skies so cool - got us. Puppy got wet and he was funny. I thought he looked so sad here, but he is not. He trekked through more mud and water than he has ever done - he was a champ!


We hiked one trail and then came back to the car to head to another trail. from trail two you could see where we had gone on trail one...



This is what we discovered on trail two... my new retreat location. And Air Conditioned cabin with bunk beds still semi standing!!  I will be taking reservations as soon as all the snow melts ;-)

I just fell in love with this area - so don't be surprised if I go back and take even more photos!

See... Still snow....



Linking to 

My Corner of the World

Through My Lens


10 comments:

quiltingbydawn said...

So awesome that you can get to mountain beauty for day hikes! We need planning and lots of time to get there. Only 2 weeks before we are in the mountains!

julieQ said...

Where were you hiking? I love it!!! Glad all had a good time, including puppy!

Marcia in TX said...

Wow! Love it.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Such a gorgeous spot! Especially appealing when we have a heat advisory today.

Delighted Hands said...

It give me a jolt when I see you guys all wearing jackets! lol
the views are beautiful; I think I will try to do the little stream one for part of my landscape journal!

Quiltdivajulie said...

How amazing to have such incredible beauty accessible in day-hike bites. And, as always, your photography is stunning.

Bernie Kringel said...

I would like to be the first to reserve a spot for your new retreat spot. I will be there!!!

Veronica Lee said...

Such a lovely spot!

The views are breathtakingly beautiful!

Sandy said...

More stunning photos… any of which I would frame and hang as art in my home. If I had the wall space, haha! I’ll sign up for your retreat, as long as there’s coffee in the morning!

Bonnie said...

Love your commentary. I hope the snow doesn't fly again before it is all melted. Yuck. We don't get nearly the snow fall I can remember getting living nearby as a kid.