Thursday, January 27, 2022

Chicken Cordon Bleu casserole

 Look at that - I am cooking again!!

My kids have always loved Chicken Cordon Bleu. We used to buy them premade from the Schwans man. And they were covered in a yummy coating ( like flour and corn meal) 

when I had to go Gluten Free - we had to nix those.... and kept searching for a great substitute.

Then my Dad needed to reduce carbs and! Who knew if you search Keto - you get a ton of yummy recipes? And I found on for a Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole.   and it was yummy:

Link to the Recipe


Here is the first problem - when you make it in the proportions in the recipe and then you have Two college age kids decide to join you, No one gets very much..... and so

We tripled it!

My Neighbor raises Chickens - Did you know you can cook a WHOLE chicken in the insta-pot? Oh ya!! So this is farm fresh Chicken - shredded, and then! My Favorite little 4H kid raised a Hog for me - so that is Farm fresh Ham..... Diced


This is the Cordon Bleu sauce ( blurry - its hard to take a photo while stirring). It calls for a little bit of Wine - if you don't have wine you can use a little extra lemon juice, or a little water. I made the guys go get me a WHOLE bottle of wine!


Then you mix in all up and put in in a pan


Cover it with swiss cheese - don't laugh at my cheese.... I had issues....


And ta da!! it is done.....

And then you wonder why you tripled it.... maybe you should have 4x's it so someone would have leftovers!!!

Gluten Free/ LowCarb Chicken Cordon Bleu

oh!! and if your one of those moms ( hand raised) that tries to hide veggies in the food - you can add broccoli and its just as yummy !!

4 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Since my husband has celiac, I have been cooking GF for years. However, the keto recipes have made everything better. I like wholesumyum.com as I have been able to do lots of tasty things (baked!) and for the instant pot I love Amy and Jacky, pressurecookrecipes.com. I think I have become a better cook with those 2 sites. And, the keto ingredients have greatly impacted our arthritis and joints as it lowers the inflammation from all those carbs.

Delighted Hands said...

This looks delicious! I bet leftovers would've been good, too! lol

WeedyMama said...

1 tablespoon of wine for 8 servings x 3 = 3 tablespoons for 24 servings. Hmmm.... what happened to the rest of the 'whole' bottle of wine?

tealeafquilts said...

I'm going to try this, maybe tonight. With green beans. Might even get picky 44 yr old son to try it.