Monday, March 08, 2021

Tri Your Luck.. the Top

 This is my February quilt top ( not quilted yet) for my Debby Brown Quilts.com class - its the Color Block class....


just so you know... even though the calendar said March, if February had as many days and January - I would have had it finished... so I blame the calendar makers... yep - its all their fault I was a little behind. 


I made a few more blocks than her original pattern called for and I added another border - It brought it up to 61 x 80 and will be a Perfect Quilts of Valor Size.... It just  needs quilting....

I have been very lucky in the paying work side - so it may be a bit... but it is all GOOD!

I also had a Quilt of Valor presentation to a Marine up in the mountains... and you all KNOW I had to take advantage of our little trip!!





not bad views right? It was a beautiful day up there - a little sunny, a little windy, and great company!


Linking to:

Design Wall Monday at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts

Monday Making at Love Laugh Quilt

10 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

To someone who has been stuck at home in lockdown for a year and no travel, those mountains seem like an impossible dream. So glad you were able to go and enjoy! I am sure the quilt recipient was overjoyed.

Linda said...

Your color blocks are so pretty and I love the border. What gorgeous scenery! Hopefully you didn't have to go all the way to the top of those mountains. ;)

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Pretty quilt top. Great views!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Fun quilt top, Alycia! I fell behind on Debbie's class before I even got started. LOVE those mountain photos!

Bonnie said...

I agree 100% with you on the calendar being at fault! Your quilt looks great. I really like the way the blocks are made just a bit off from what would be expected. It will be a great QOV. And, who can complain about having paying customers! Enjoy your week.

Delighted Hands said...

Nice to have the bonus of those kind of views for the presentation! The new top is a beauty--very simple but looks very complicated!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

What a wonderful quilt top, Alycia. I really like the design. And I agree Feb. should have been a lot longer. Lol. The mountains are so stunning. Happy quilting.

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Wow, what a view! I'll tell you a secret... I've never seen snow IRL before. Hopefully we can get to the aussie snowy mountains this winter.

Your quilt looks beautiful and I love how the triangles look like they've had their pointy bits trimmed off. V cool!

Karol said...

Love the quilt and the scenery!

Lynette said...

Haha! Yes! Once I started participating in quilting finish goals on a monthly basis, ever February I seriously feel like we get robbed. :D :D :D