Friday, July 03, 2020

Twirling at the Disco.... and Finished ( or not) Friday!!!

Can you all believe it is already July?? I tell you, it's hot - so I know it is summer, but JULY!! That came up quick!!!

My Finish to brag on today was actually pieced by Verna in CO. Samelia's Mom designed this cool block she called Twirling at the Disco - and a bunch of us Colorado Quilters went to town using it.

Verna made this top and sent it to me.  I made the backing and did the Quilting on it.   My yearly goal was to be a part of 12 Quilts of Valor - and 

BAM!!

This is Number 12!!!

QOV Number 12
QOV Number 12


Here is a close up of the quilting - I like it!! It gives it some fun texture!!



I will send it on to one of our QOV'ers in Colorado Springs, she will bind it and award it!! YAY Teamwork!!

Now!! It is your turn - link up you finish ( or not) for us to brag on and check out. And Have a Great 4th of July!!

*******************************************************************



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
*************************************************************************



Linking to:

15 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

Pretty quilt, it will be loved!

Michele said...

I like that idea and it would work well for any variety of scraps.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Good for you, GREAT for QOV! Pat yourself on the back, job well done!

Donna said...

Beautiful QOV!!!! Looks like a scrap buster too!!!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Nice quilt, will be loved for sure.

SherryB said...

Love that pattern...is it available somewhere? And the quilting really makes it come alive!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Fabulous finish, Alycia!! Congrats on attaining your 12 QOV goal for the year.

Anja @ Anja Quilts said...

Congrats on #12!! Happy July 4th. We celebrate Canada Day on the 1st.

Yvonne said...

I love your quilt!

Delighted Hands said...

What an excellent use of scraps and space (white)!
Great job!

Snowcatcher said...

12 already?!? Holy moly! Wish I could work through quilts that fast!!! What a great quilt for a great cause!

Kate said...

Love the pattern name. Congrats on reaching your goal on the QOV front.

Karen's Korner said...

Well done on your achievement.

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Alycia, congrats on reaching your goal! So now what....? That's a really great pattern and you did an awesome job quilting it. I'm sure that it will make someone smile! Take care.

Preeti said...

One gorgeous and spectacular finish!!! This is the pattern by Samelia's Mum? I tried playing with it in my sketchbook and figured that it did not lend itself to a rectangular quilt. Silly me. Thank you for showing how it works fabulously in a rectangular layout!!!