Sunday, June 23, 2019

Quilt a Long with Busy Hands and the SSSSQ Mystery from Kevin the Quilter

That is such a long title!! But!! I want to make sure I am giving proper credit to those quilters who have just tied me to my sewing machine, and made me dig in my scraps - and made the Boys all Cook for themselves - ha ha ha !

Think that would really work???

Myra - at Busy Hands Quilts is hosting a Jelly Roll Waves Quilt a long. It is her pattern - obviously called Jelly Roll waves - click on her blog name and it will take you to all of the information.

I have made one before, but I got a little sidetracked and mine turned out a little differently... but I loved it - and it lives in my Friend Linda's house now. It's time to make another right?

Here is my original - I made it with a jelly roll. The cool thing about Myra's pattern - she gives you a few different ways to make the quilt so you can use stash fabrics!!



and Kevin - at Kevin the Quilter ... is offering this!!!  Whoot Whoot - another chance to dig in my fabrics... I see a little bit of fun ( read mess) in my future!! Finding what I need!




is this going to be fun or not??  As I was dreaming about what colors I would use, Little Bit said I should do Greens and Pinks..... I really don't have much of those colors in my stash.... But then! I remembered a Plaid fabric I had just put away... it may have some pink - so tomorrow is my day to choose my fabrics....

any of you playing along with these projects? I see some great quilts in the future!

4 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

What a cheerful quilt your Myra QAL turned out to be!! Can I just say that I am on pins and needles waiting for Kevin's Mystery? Even though I haven't finish his last/first one!! EVERYONE needs to quilt along. He is SEW much fun!!!

Barbara Winkler said...

I already bought my pattern to do Myra's and I'm signed up to do Kevin's, too. Haven't selected fabrics, yet. Maybe Myra's will be red, black and gray???

Anja @ Anja Quilts said...

I like your version of Jelly Roll Waves. I'll be sewing along. But first I need to pull some fabric.

Kate said...

I'm still debating about doing Kevin's quilt along. I'm just not sure I've got enough scraps of any two colors to make it work. Looking forward to seeing how both of your stitch alongs work out.