Friday, October 10, 2014

Progress on the Plaid

I have been slowly working on plaids for a while. The intent was to reduce the amount of plaid I had in my stash. I tell you - it is NOT working.... just sayin'  I think more people are bringing me their leftover plaids..... too funny!

The plaid phase started with this quilt - it was a Quilt a Long with http://imperamagna.blogspot.com/

She says it was 2011 - I say it was just yesterday!


But! It is NOW finished - bound, and ready to be used!! I am so excited.































I then started in with Judy and her Mystery Quilt... I got stalled! it is now in the row phase.  You know that means the rows are put together - but that is it...  it is seeing some progress this week. Don't hold your breath though okay? 

I would hate to see you turn blue.... but it will get done - I promise!

Then!!! Heartstrings had a sew in - and I joined in. I am proud to say that now! It is Quilted, and it is waiting to be bound.

Again - don't hold your breath - but it will get bound - I Promise








Oh - and the back - isn't this the funniest? I know it is blurry - but my intent was to take photos yesterday  morning, and then the day got away , and then we came home and we were out of power - so I took them in the dark *ish*  (Boys were holding flashlights lol)






AND!! Then there is a fourth quilt in progress. I won't tell you when I started this one, but my Quilty friends were teasing me that it is the same project I took to a sew day a year ( or maybe two) ago!



A few more sew days - and I may have it done..... but it will get done - I promise;-)

That's a lot of Promises isn't it???

Linking up with 
and
and maybe more lol

19 comments:

Vicki W said...

I love the plaid and cheddar combo!

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

Lots of progress on lots of projects! I love how the cheddar just seems to float on the top of the plaid - so graphic and dimensional!

Julia Graber said...

Yes, I too noticed how the cheddar lattice seemed to float on top of the plaids. I love the depth it gives to the quilt.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I always forget about cheddar! Looks like you will be sharing lots of finishes soon.

Run 'n Stitch said...

Your scrappy quilts are stunning. The cheddar and plaid is interesting. I can't stop looking at it.
pinned!

Snowcatcher said...

I think "Lots of Promises" would make a great quilt name. Now for the inspiration... ha ha!

I love how you are using up your plaids. That cheddar piecing sure adds a different personality to plaids!

Angie said...

These are some scrumptious plaid quilts, girl! What is the pattern of the last one?

tealeafquilts said...

There is a lovely pattern on the front of the new Keepsake catalog featuring plaids. You ought to get it and use some up, just the pattern of course. Yesterday I got out fabrics to use for Bonnie Hunter's new mystery and decided to wash a group of purple fat quarters, etc. There is no way that her quilt will use all these fat quarters or if I will every use them all. Fabric goes a long way!

Andee said...

All your projects look great! Anything looks better with cheddar, great way to use up the plaids!

Kate said...

Congrats on the finish. I love that cheddar and plaid quilt. The backing for your strip quilt is a real close second. What a fun idea.

dq said...

I am loving the Jacob's Ladder quilt. The color combinations give it a very unique look.

Vicki said...

What beautiful projects! Your plaid quilt is stunning.

scraphappy said...

The cheddar really pops on the plaid background. Love the border on that one! Lots of quilts in the works, I'm sure you will get them all done someday. Have fun!

M-R Charbonneau said...

I love what you've done with plaid -- definitely keep it up! That first one looks like it has a bit of an optical illusion going on -- very cool! Thanks for linking up to TGIFF!

Kaja said...

These are all great - and your work rate is impressive :-) Not sure why but the string quilt is my favourite; looks so cosy.

Lorna McMahon said...

Such pretty projects ALL! Nice work, Alycia!

Kevin the Quilter said...

Ummmmmmmm........scrumptious! Thanks for making me want to go dig my plaids out now!!!!! Like I need another iron in the fire! LOLOL

Vera said...

Oh wow that looks so complicated to me. Congrats on your progress!

tealeafquilts said...

I love the plaid and cheddar! Could not find the link up to the QAL for that pattern. Is it Bonnie's?