I have made it back from Quilt Con!!! And I am so excited!!! I had a great time - I took a ton of pictures - and I want to share them all!! My flight was really delayed coming into Denver last nite - so I am still a little travel weary. The plus side - the roads were just filled with Me and the snow crews.... Easy travel! Snow packed roads, really really icy - but with only me... much easier to drive. Of course, there is no school today as the roads are so bad.....
I learned some traveling tips on this trip!
1. When going to the airport, knowing full well you live in Colorado, at least TAKE a jacket and gloves to leave in your car. It probably won't be 80 when you return *sigh*
2. Knowing that you have to go through security - it is NOT a good idea to wear thigh high zip up boots, and a low waisted mini skirt. Because the show you give all of us, standing behind you.... not as pretty as you think.... and we get frustrated that it takes you SO long just to get through security. ( PS I wore Flip Flops and Jeans)
3. When TSA says 2 oz of liqued, that applys to everyone.... not just those behind you in lane. And YES - water is good for your skin, but 64 oz of water is just a smidge over the limit....
4. Have a good sense of humor - you will need it - a LOT!!
5. When your flight is delayed, don't yell at the Gate attendants. They do NOT control the weather.... but they do control if you get a seat or not! If the gate attendants do control the weather - I put a plea in for another foot of snow on my place ( its really a rough drought here!)
I can't wait to download my pictures and share... so I will get on that!!