Saturday, February 04, 2012

Today's Quilt Show

I have ran into a bunch of wonderful Longarm Quilters in our state, and blessedly they have helped out with the quilting of our Quilts of Valor .... 



This first quilt was made by Candy C of New York, and Quilted by Michelle O of Greeley.  She used stars and pictures of National Monuments... there was the Statue of Liberty in there - too cool.


This nest star one is an applique quilt. It was made by Sue of my Heartstrings group. She made in in honor of her father, a WWII vet. 


 It was Quilted by Liz T in Northglenn CO. Liz rocks.... 


Liz also quilted the  next quilt... it was pieced by Jane in Greeley. Jane goes to my church and one day handed me a bag of these great quilts!!!  


Another lovely combo... pieced by Jane and quilted by Liz!!  These fabrics were pretty coolt o check out!

I think I might steal the idea for this one... its like a coins quilt, but different. Again it was made by Jane and Quilted by Liz. This quilt went into the Women's Combat Group . I think it was loved!



She did some ribbon quilting on it.... lovely

And again - a puzzle quilt pieced by Jane and QUilted by Liz.  


This very last one was Liz's Idea. She found a really cool quilting design so wanted to see what it would look like.... so here is the front... I really hope you can click on the picture and make it larger!

A close up of the front.


And a close up of the back.... It is quilted in red, so the pattern really stands out. Liz made this in honor of her husband - and veteran as well!.


Hope you enjoyed seeing these quilts this morning!! I am getting inspired to get back to my sewing room now..   This week 66 Quilts of Valor were taken to their respective destinations. 60 went to Fort Carson, and 6 went to the VAMC... I have a few pics to share later.





5 comments:

Judy V. from Thornton said...

Wow, what a neat way to start the day to see such a nice assortment of quilts! That string star quilt looks like fun, mmmm....

Nancy said...

I love every one of these quilts. Great job, toppers and longarmers!

Impera Magna said...

What beautiful eye candy! Everyone is doing a great job!!!!

Kathie said...

What a great show, thanks for sharing.

Patti said...

Seems like everytime I visit your blog I want the pattern for something. This time I'd like the pattern of that heart star from the heartstrings quilt group. Is that available? As a brand new longarmer, does anyone have tips on how to keep the lines straight from my panto that has stars on it? It seems I'm much better tracing curves w/the laser but my stars are wavy in their lines. I think I'm going to try to run the laser along a ruler to trick my brain lol!