Sunday, February 19, 2012

Stash Report 2/19/12

Yay - I finally started cutting into my Color Challenge Fabrics!!  And I am still cutting up my scraps into layer cakes... I thought I would show you the madness


here is how this is working... I am grabbing a pile of fabrics, ironing it, and then cutting. If it works to cut ten inch squares - I do that... if it needs to be stripped it goes into that pile on the right ( behind the orange box). If I can cut a 10 from it, I do, and then I strip the rest of the fabric into 5 inch strips, and 2 1/2 inch strips.... in the end I know that i will have enough for another couple sew days.... We will have Quilt of Valor tops galore!!!  


And since I count it out when I cut it, as I am not always the one sewing it, my number look good... so hows that for coming clean?  And knowing that in the next couple of months a lot of sewing will be taking place, but not a lot of stash moving out..... sigh


Fabrics In this week :      0 yards
Fabrics in YTD:               21.42 Yards


Fabrics Used this week:    15 yards ( 4 for my color challenge, 1/2 for zoo borders, 10.5 sew day)


Fabrics Used YTD:            133.12 Yards


Total Fabric BUSTED:  111.7 yards


For other stash reports go to: http://www.patchworktimes.com

4 comments:

Impera Magna said...

You're moving right along there... can't imagine going thru 133.12 yds of fabric so far this year! You doing good!

DeeDee said...

Your numbers are terrific! It is always good to be prepared for future sew days. Thanks again for all you do.

Amy said...

Oh Alycia---send some of your quilting mojo my way, would you? As always....wishin' I was closer to quilters like yourself! Excellent progress!

Melanie said...

I am amazed that you have gone through 133 yards already this year. That is incredible!

I could easily buy 133 yards in two months, but I don't think I could use that much. :)

Can't wait to see all the quilt tops that come out of your sew days!