Friday, February 12, 2021

Heart Quilts for Valentines day..... and!! Finished ( or not) Friday!!

 Happy Friday!!!

It is cold here.... that is all.... ( oh well, plus we got snow - so I am happy)

In Honor of Valentines day I thought I would show you my favorite Heart Quilts that I have made so far.... since I only have two - I think I had better plan for a third one ( in 2022)  so that each kid gets one.... maybe....

The First!!

This was part of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge and I LOVE IT!! It did use a LOT of scraps for me!!


Each heart was made of a bunch of 3 1/2 inch scrap blocks - a lot of them !! And!! Because you know I love you - here is the little tutorial!!  Scrappy RSC Heart Tutorial

Remember... I like to sketch things out, when I am snuggled under quilts on the couch.... hinting that Hot chocolate would be good..... 


And here is my Second one  - I really like this one and this maybe it should be my remake.... maybe in Pinks and reds???



and of course!!! I wrote a little sketched Tutorial for it too!!!
Scrappy Heart Tute  and I even walk you thru what I was thinking.... BEWARE... If you read it - you may crave dark chocolate.... just sayin'

Now that I have you sidetracked - haha!! Its your time to shine!!  Show us what you have!!!

*  Link up your DIRECT post.... 
*  Visit others and leave comments... share the love
* do a link back - so more quilters can Ohh and Ahh 
* we had 36 links with 1932 visits last week  - pretty cool!





*******************************************



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
** ******************************************************************* *

Find me at all these places:

    
Etsy           Instagram           Facebook


Linking to:

19 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

Your heart quilts are lovely, I'll check out the patterns. Happy stitching!

Jenny K. Lyon said...

I really like that first heart quilt - the colors kind of sparkle and love that pieced strip at the bottom, clever touch!

Donna said...

I love your heart quilts!!! I would not have thought to do blocks in anything but pink and red because I can't think outside the box! I will have to make some hearts in different colors especially the red, white and blue!

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

Love your scrappy heart quilts. Thanks for sharing the tutorials of how you made them.

Linda said...

This is so pretty! Thanks for the link to the tutorial. I love the little scrappiness you added to the border.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Thank you! Thank you! I love your quilts and am now eager to put my own scraps to work! Happy Valentine's Day!

Kat Scribner said...

Love your scrappy hearts quilt, Alycia. I love units made with crumbs and this is a great heart! Thanks for sharing the pattern. Hugs

Sandra Walker said...

I absolutely LOVE that first RSC heart quilt! May have to do that for next year. :-)

Snowcatcher said...

Both of your heart quilts are fabulous, but I've always been so attached to the rainbow scrap challenge. I've wanted to use up some of my scraps doing something similar ever since I saw your first rainbow heart.

Bonnie said...

Two great heart quilts. I could use some serious scrap reduction but I really don't need another heart quilt. Except, maybe a pink one for the guest bedroom. Or for a granddaughter or?

Delighted Hands said...

I really like the RSC hearts! And the extra mile you go for by adding the squares along the edges! Thank you for the tutorials!!!!

scraphappy said...

Love those scrappy stars. Everything is happier in rainbow colors!

Marti said...

I love your heart quilt, and just in time for Valentine's Day too!

Anonymous said...

Both heart quilts are lovely, but the RSC heart quilt is really inspiring! Pinning.

Michelle
https://mybijoulifeonline.com

Karen's Korner said...

Two pretty quilts. Love the scrappy rainbow one.

Anja @ Anja Quilts said...

It looks great. So bright and vibrant.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Love, love, LOVE both of your Heart quilts, Alycia!! Thanks for the tutorial links. You KNOW that I'm going to want to make one or BOTH of them for my guys!

WeedyMama said...

Your scrappy hearts remind me of hot air balloons. Up, up and AWAY!

Deb said...

Love those Heart quilts! just made my first one ever, and in the middle of a scrappy machine binding. Stay safe and sew on!