Friday, January 22, 2021

Merry Go Round finish and!!!..... Finished ( or not) Friday!!

 Happy Friday!! 

I spent some time looking back at my blog trying to find if this quilt had a name when I started it, and then I was amazed at how long ago it was that I started it... April 2019.... doesn't that just seem like yesterday?

It is called Merry Go Round - a pattern by American Jane Patterns

The main reason it got pulled out to get finished is - We watched church on tv, and then I started playing on YouTube and I saw the Missouri Star quilt company tutorial called "Seeing Spots".

I kept thinking - gosh I want to make a quilt like that.... and then my family fed me, and I went ! Hey!!! I did!!! 

I went and dug in my pile of quilt tops... ( remember - creative, not organized personality) and found it! 

and now.... It is quilted.   I have pulled out a dark purple solid for the binding... but I did not get it made this week... I had to bind *other* stuff!


Ta da!!! and! with having the Husband working at home...
I had a quilt holder!!!
( I only had to bribe him Chocolate Chip Cookies)

but before he agreed to help hold the quilt
I did try to get one on the floor.


You will have to come back tomorrow to see what I bound... haha

So now!!
it is your turn - Show me your Finishes!! ( or your not finishes)

* please directly link to the Finished Friday post
* visit some others
* share the link
* Make me Dinner
* and Have fun!!!

PS!! Don't forget to read Wednesdays Announcement of a NEW Mystery.... Dakota Inspired

***********************************************


*

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
* ****************************************************************************
*
Linking to:

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome finish! Merry Go Round is so pretty!

Michelle
https://mybijoulifeonline.com

Gretchen Weaver said...

This quilt is a beauty, how could you forget you made this!? Happy stitching!

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

Love the soft retro feeling for your "Merry Go Round" quilt. Did you use the same technique as Missouri Star to piece the blocks? Great quilting!

Donna said...

What a pretty quilt!!! The quilting looks really pretty too!!! Could you please show a close up of the quilting?

Cathy said...

I like that pattern and your quilting really fancies it up. Wow!
(Sorry, I won't be able to make you dinner ;-))

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I like the way you quilted that and didn't use an all over design - this way it show off each hexagon

Kat Scribner said...

Love the feather quilting. I understand about digging for things. I spent much energy yesterday digging for some crochet trim that was gifted to me that would be perfect color for my Diamonds quilt, which is ready for binding now. I wanted to see if there was enough, but lo I can't find it now!!

Vicki in MN said...

That's a beauty, aren't you just tickled pink to know you finished a UFO and one you wanted to make too!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

That turned out lovely Alycia!

Susan said...

Wow! That's really pretty!

Karen's Korner said...

That definitely deserved to see the finish line. Love the pretty chosen fabrics.

Delighted Hands said...

I really like how this turned out!!! Old-fashioned and yet the quilting makes it look very fresh! Great job!

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Oh my! Soooooo delicious.

Snowcatcher said...

Not only is this a beautiful quilt, but your quilting is stunning, too. Love that you get to do online church too, and how awesome that your hubby can work from home. That sure makes being stuck at home better, when both of you can be there! (You might not be as "stuck" as me, but I figure you like spending time with him!)

quiltingbydawn said...

Merry Go Round is so nice! I'm drawn to hexagons of all sizes! Great finish!

Bonnie said...

Great quilt with even greater quilting. Congrats for finding and finishing an older quilt. Now on to something new!

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Alycia, good thing that you remembered that you had made this quilt! At least you're consistent in your taste :-) Congrats on the finish. Take care.

Kate said...

Congrats on the very pretty finish! The purple will be make a great binding.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Nice quilting on that quilt, too.

Zenia Rene said...

Beautiful finish Alycia! Your quilting is stunning.