Friday, August 28, 2020

Flash Fiction Mystery and...... Finished ( or not) Friday!!!!

 Ohhh Do I have something fun to share with you today!!

First - I LOVE supporting small women owned businesses, and I LOVE supporting quilting businesses - so today - that combines both Loves!!


Check this out! 

its a MYSTERY QUILT - BASED ON A SHORT STORY  and YOU get to SOLVE a Mystery!! This just sounds so fun - you could be a Quilting Sleuth!!!  and you could get a hat and a magnifying glass - and .. oh think of the plaids you could wear!!

 These are some examples from the 2019 quilt and!! It is not too late to sign up for the 2020 Quilt!!!

but don't delay - the 2020 quilt only has a few openings left .. and it starts soon!!


What is Flash Fiction Mystery Quilt 2020?

  • Flash Fiction Mystery Quilt is a super fun, online, group quilting adventure.
  • A mystery quilt is a quilt that is revealed to you one quilt block pattern at a time. Each month, when the new block pattern is released everyone sews their blocks, then shares pictures of it in our private Facebook group.
  • Along with your monthly block pattern, we also give you a new intriguing flash fiction story to read!
  • A “flash fiction” story is one that you can read in a flash.
  • Adding to the excitement, you’ll get a monthly puzzle to solve. Solving these puzzles leads you on a tantalizing adventure to figure out our yearly mystery.
  • Making a quilt was never this fun!

Here, you’ll make new friends from around the world, sew a beautiful quilt, read great stories, and solve a mystery!


Head over to: https://flashfictionmysteryquilt.com/


and check out how to sign up and the pricing - and get ready for a FUN , MYSTERY filled year!!



Now it is your turn to link up and show us the great finishes you have this week. I ... did not have one.... I got into the organizing, destashing mode - and lawsy mercy - did I get sidetracked!!


I am not sure if Ebay quiltygirl Ebay page   is the way to go - but I keep listing things over there, and it is helping me see the light in my quilt room!!


Alright - Show us what you have!!

**************************************************************



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
**********************************************************************************

5 comments:

Kate said...

Sounds like a fun mystery, too bad I'm still on a new quilt diet. Even if you didn't get any sewing in seems like you'll be organized when you do get back to it.

Snowcatcher said...

That really does sound like fun. I signed up for Moda Block Heads 3 at the beginning of the year and haven’t finished even one block yet. So no new projects for me right now either. But I will be watching this one with interest!

The Joyful Quilter said...

What an interesting concept, Alycia. It sounds like SEW much fun!

Quiltpiecer said...

I too love supporting small businesses owned by women and this mystery sounds like fun. But I already have a long list of pending projects waiting on me so I will have to wait for the next one. Will also be watching with interest.

Rebecca Grace said...

I am totally soured on eBay due to a recent bad experience. I sold an old iPad on eBay and shipped it USPS Priority Mail with Signature Required, but the post office is having all kinds of delays these days and when it didn't show up in 2 days, my buyer "escalated the case" with eBay and has gotten a refund that was automatically deducted from my PayPal account... But I have to wait 30 days to file a claim with the post office, and the post office might eventually locate and delivery the package -- to my buyer who already got her money back. At which point the post office would not pay my insurance claim, since they delivered to my addressee, but I no longer have any way of getting payment from the buyer since eBay decided in her favor and closed the case so quickly, much faster than the post office takes to process a missing mail case. I do not feel comfortable selling anything on eBay anymore. I would think Etsy or Sew It's For Sale (either the one on Facebook or the one on Groups.io) would be a better place to sell your destashing goodies. Much lower fees/zero fees depending on which one you choose, and buyer and seller are more in control of the transaction than Big Brother eBay.