Friday, July 31, 2020

Mask making for college and!! Finished ( or Not) Friday!!

Happy Happy Friday!!

hope all of you are doing well! I have stayed away from saying to much about the whole * you know* going on... because.... well it makes me annoyed... and you know annoying a quilter, equipped with scissors, rotary cutters and all sorts of other things... Is just not good for the environment - hahaha!

But!!

Two of my Three Kids are headed back to college next month. Every day the information changes, as to online vs in person, and what the rules vs. the should happens change....and well!

We just decided that it is going to be in all of our best interests to be prepared one way of the other. and one of those things - each college states they will require Masks/Face protection in the classroom.  

So we decided to have some fun with it - Little Bit  chose his fabrics for his masks.... he already has two, but I figure.... Boys... laundry.... Better have an over abundance right??

Here are his choices:

Aren't those just fun?  I found these little dealies to put on the elastic so you can adjust the fit - and they are pretty cool!!  That way, I can just cut the elastic to the size I like , and they can make it fit!

So now... I am off to make masks for Middle Bit... he starts a week later, so you know... he came second... poor kid - always stuck in the middle!

NOW!!! It is time for:
FINISHED OR NOT - SHOW OFF YOUR PROJECTS!!
Please do provide a direct link for me, so that later in the week - I can get right to that post.

*****************************************************************



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
********************************************************************


13 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

I made 4 masks for our elementary age grandson for school, the school provides 4. Most likely the majority of those masks are going to look like the other children's masks. What a nightmare for a teacher, trying to keep straight who's mask is who's. I embroidered our grandson's name on 3 of the masks I made him, those are for school only. The 4th is for in public wearing. His mother agreed. I'm know you're stitching your masks with love and prays too.

Cathy said...

I think I would be distracted in the classroom. I'd be looking around at all the cool masks. And then I'd be thinking about what the choice of fabric in their mask says about their personality.

Vicki in MN said...

So where did you get the little dealies to go over the elastic to adjust the fit?

grammajudyb said...

I liked the mask fabric Little Bit picked out! Tell us more about the dealies for the elastic adjustment. I've used beads.....but I am a bit worried about them with really young children. 2-4 yo.

Susan said...

Masks with style!

Delighted Hands said...

Tis the season of the masks! I'm making some for grands, too!

Marcia in TX said...

I was wondering what the dealies to adjust the fit and where you get them. I found your son's choice of fabric interesting. Great finishes for the week.

abelian said...

I think the "dealies" are drawstring toggles. Available (until they sell out) at Joann, Etsy, Amazon. I used to get them for my husband's pajamas. Unfortunately, they were probably discarded when I moved! Dot

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

The masks are a good way to prepare, no matter how the circumstances change. These are wonderful.

Quilter Kathy said...

Me too... same comment at Marcia... what do you put on to adjust the fit? My mask is too loose!

chrisknits said...

How I WISH we were only dealing with college and not a wedding!! 1 week, 1 week and it's a done deal! Prayers we make it this week without any virus cases popping up in the bridal party and family!

Kate said...

The back to college thing has been a bit of a circus for everyone it seems. The SIT is convinced that it will be a miracle if in person classes last a month. Still I've added to her mask collection and expect a visit from her roommate (our blond daughter) so she can pick fabrics for her masks.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Where do you find the little adjusters for the elastic? I need to make a couple of masks for my 2 year old granddaughter when (if) she gets to come for Christmas (she has to wear a mask on the airplane).