Friday, March 27, 2020

Modern Churn Dash Finish... and Finished ( or not) Friday!

I expect that we will start seeing more Finished projects in the next couple of weeks... from those of us considered Non - essential ;-) I think you are all essential though - so you all stay healthy okay!

I think we are all adjusting well around here - we have added people, added groceries, and more cooking - but in good news - Little Bit... he never gained the freshman 15 - he lost it... and now... he's almost back up! I am going to say that it is because I am such a great cook - that no one can feed him the way I do - bwahh haa haa!

My finish for this week is a Modern Churn Dash!

Of course - I did it in plaids - and even the Navy Churn is a navy on Navy plaid!!





This is my backyard - that thing in the distance is an oil rig - they are fracking a set of 20 wells..
I assume that is still considered essential...


We were trying to take its photo out in the pasture - and the wind kept coming up - it was not listening to my direction!


and the quilting pattern !




Alright - it is time for you to link up your finishes and give us all things to ohh and ahh about! I love all the quilty inspiration!!

Here we go!!
1. Link up your own Finish ( or almost finished) 

2. Please don't link things that aren't even a project that you are working on.

3. Use the direct link to your blog post or IG photo - generics will start to be removed... sorry about that - but it is hard to search for the correct post later in the week.

4. Play along and visit other pages - I try to visit all of them! its fun to see so much quilty inspiration


********************************



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter



******************************************

Also linking to:
Can I get a Whoop Whoop at Confessions of a Fabric Addict
TGIF Friday  at Storied Quilts
Friday Foto Fun at Powered by Quilting
Beauties Pageant at From Bolt to Beauty


28 comments:

Kat said...

LOVE your churndash! Awesome design.

Sandy said...

Great finish, Alicia! I love how the background plaids are "fracking" in the corners .. 🙂

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Love this-- that quilting is perfect for the pattern! Bravo!!

Cathy said...

WOW! Plaids!
WOW! Fun design!
WOW! Wonderful quilting!
WOW! A finish!

Congrats!

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

I LOVE your modern Churn Dash! That plaid background! That quilting!!! Yay you!

Delighted Hands said...

Wow! Tradition and modern meet in a great handshake! You've nailed it with this one! I like the photo of the quilt blowing in the wind and your horse visible in the background!

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

your quilt looks really good! love the panto and the plaids!

Jayne said...

This is amazing. I love the extra large supersized partial churn dash! The plaids really worked well for this quilt!

Judy V in Greeley, CO said...

Love, love your churndash quilt! I have loved the pattern before, but I am seeing this with a fresh eye! Thank you for sharing your creativity with us!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Congratulations on the fun finish; it turned out beautifully. I really like how the quilt can rotate and have a slightly different look.

Dirt Road Quilter said...

Congratulations on an awesome finish! I love it!
I'll bet your kiddos missed Mama'a cooking. Glad you're getting them fattened back up. ;)
If your Spring winds are anything like ours, you could use that quilt as a parachute. We've got high wind warnings for 10 days straight - 40-50 mph today. Not a fun day to be a rancher. Ya'll stay safe and enjoy those boys!Ours always get put to work when they come home.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Fabulous PLAID finish, Alycia!!! How many does this make? 50 or 100 maybe!! :P

Judy in Michigan said...

If we don't have a blog, how can we post pictures on Finish it up Friday? Thank you. I sent you a picture yesterday of my 2 day mystery top.

Vicki in MN said...

Great idea for a churn dash!!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Beautiful quilt! Love the use of this traditional pattern in a modern way! Love the quilting too ;)

Susan said...

Oh Love this!!

Sue Edberg said...

I love this quilt. It is fantastic. Is there a pattern for this or did you make it up? I might have to copy it (ha-ha-ha).

Margo Yang said...

A great finished quilt, beautiful!!

Snowcatcher said...

Wow, how I love that pattern! And of course your cooking is better than anything he can get away from home! Mom's cooking always is the best! Stay safe and healthy!

Donna said...

Love your modern churn dash quilt; very masculine too!

Sherrill said...

It's fab! Even the windy pix..HA! I'm working on Jamestown Landing, getting it together but keep getting sidetracked by mask making. I keep seeing more and more pleas for them so find that hard to ignore. Jamestown will come together soon but masks are needed now!

grammajudyb said...

Love that quilt!
I’m familiar with those oil rigs.....the companies around here are still working too. We have coal mines too! They of course are staying open, that means working!

Sandra Walker said...

Wow this is a real showstopper! Love love it!

qypsyquilterdesigns said...

Great quilt! And I'm so glad your favorite quilt holders are home to help!

kupton52 said...

I'm speechless....and that's unusual!!! I agree with everything already said in the comments. Wow! Wow!

Nancy said...

Your churndash is awesome! I'm not a big fan of blue but I really, really like this quilt.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Great quilt! The quilting sets it off, too.

Preeti said...

I have been living under a rock or that I have had my nose to the grindstone or some other excuse... Take your pick. This quilt is magnificent, Alycia!!! The blues are divine, the quilting is out of this world and the photographs are just perfect. kudos to you an an awesome finish!!!