Friday, November 08, 2019

QUILTED!! and! It's Finished (Or Not) Friday

Happy Friday!!!


I kinda feel like the cat and life is the cow... its just pushing me along.... and hoping I keep up - haha!!


Isn't that funny? - we have two baby barn cats and they are not afraid of anything!

I learned that my horse can now be considered broke.

I was doctoring his back foot while the kitty was swinging from his tail.... and I lived to tell about it..... I needed one more hand to take a picture - but it was funny....




Here is my Finish for this week.... Note the snow... It melted - but I hurried to find a pretty spot before hand...





I think it made all the bright colors even brighter!!

Alright - so has Life moved you along this week? Show off your *stuff*  Lets see it!!!!


***************************************************************************


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter



***************************************************************************

Linking to
TGIF Friday at Faith and Fabric
Confessions of a Fabriholic

17 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

Your quilt does look lovely laying in the snow, very cheery! Happy Stitching!

Vicki W said...

The horse story is hilarious. I really wish you had a video! Love the bright quilt too.

Sherrill said...

Ooo, I LOVE it!! The colors are gorgeous.

Loris said...

Sweet animals! I love your new quilt. The black and white corner squares add so much interest.

Jayne said...

We don't often get snow here in Tennessee, but when we do it's always a scramble to find a quilt to toss on the fresh snow!

Judy V from Greeley CO said...

Loved the quilt and enjoyed the story of the kitten swinging from the horse's tail...that had to be priceless!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Your quilt is beautiful and I especially like the fabric you chose for the border. A great finish!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Alycia! Oh, that picture of the little kitty and the cow - so darn cute. Life sometimes has a way of pushing us along . . . until we can motor on under our own power. Love your finish for the week! That snow definitely pulled out and highlighted all the white shades! Gorgeous. ~smile~ Roseanne

Cathy said...

I really like that finish. The black/white flippy corners on the blocks adds a lot.

Lots of fearless barn cats here but no horses or snow. We had a little but it melted.

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Alycia, what great colours on your quilt! We got a little bit of snow this week, but it's all melted. I really hope that your horse will be ok. I would have loved to have seen the cat swinging from the horse's tail :-)

The Joyful Quilter said...

It's SCRAPtastic, Alycia!!!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I guess that is one advantage of snow - good backdrop for pictures. That is a beautiful quilt.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Omigosh - is that Wind Farm that I made and donated for QOV? I always wondered how it would look quilted. LOVE that you photographed it in the snow.

Snowcatcher said...

That quilt is so gorgeous! I always love your quilting, too. I wish you could have gotten a shot of the cat on the horse's tail. I think I could probably watch that all day! How funny it must have been!

Kate said...

Sounds like you have been living dangerously via you kitties's antics. Your finish is bright and fun. Wish we were getting snow, looks like we are getting sleet and freezing rain as our first winter precip.

Michelle said...

Kittens are so silly - and.... brave? Stupid? But most of them live through it. LOL!

Your quilt is fabulous! Scrappy quilts are my favorite.

KaHolly said...

Gosh, golly, gee, this quilt turned out beautifully!