Monday, July 22, 2019

Strippy Scrappy sewing and.... a Horse???

I was at a Quilting Sew in and a friend - Linda, came over and said.... I have this for you.

and I was curious... I didn't know what she would have, and I was scared.   ( okay, not really, but it sounds good here.... makes it sound like my life has.... depth)

She showed me the prettiest Horse Panel and she told me that she saw it and got it just for me.

Well heck!! You can't put that away then! Something must come of it ,.... and Quickly

So here is where I am...



I Think the Yellows bring out the colors of the horse, and make him pop. I am thinking of a Light Blue or Dark blue inner border to bring the Panel up to the block size.... and then I am not sure where I am going to go with it.

But we are loving him.

NONE of my horses are this color. So he is rounding out my herd.... WITH NO EXTRA FOOD COSTS - ha ha ha ha.... I crack myself up!!

Thank you Ms Linda for thinking of me when you saw this!!


Linking to:
Design Wall Monday
Main Crush Monday
Monday Making
Moving It Forward
What I made Monday

Lets Bee Social
Mid Week Makers

13 comments:

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Gorgeous panel! And I love what you're doing with it and where you're going--the light blue that is. Your friend knows you well!

straythreads said...

Fun and to surround him with rail fence blocks

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Alicya, that's a great idea for working with a panel. I'll have to keep that in mind since I've been working with panels to practice my FMQ. It would be nice to be able to make the panel bigger without just adding an extra border!

Libby in TN said...

Looking good!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Very nice, reminds me of split rail fences in a pasture. Well, what do I know, I live in a first ring suburb.

The Joyful Quilter said...

My inclination would be a dark green or a light to medium blue for bringing the panel up to the block size. I'd have to see the options to make a choice. What you've got going looks SEW good!!

Becca // Pretty Piney Quilts said...

No food expenses, no vet expenses...sounds like the right horse for me! Thanks for linking up to What I Made Monday.

WeedyMama said...

I vote for dark green too, or maybe the darkest gray in the rocks. But poor guy, you are fencing him in.......:{

I enjoy panels too, but get eternally frustrated because they aren't printed straight on the fabric, or I can't get something sewing on without a little 'blip' of the color just beyond. Reminds me, I have several that need to be finished.

Sherrill said...

I've got some patriotic panels but I never know what to do with them. This might be a start? Love yours!

Farm Quilter said...

What a beautiful panel!! What about making the frame for the panel look like the frame of a window...so it looks like he has really joined your herd?? Love your string rail fences!

Vicki in MN said...

Doesn't it just warm your heart when a friend thinks of you and what fabric you might like:)

Preeti said...

You may not feed him but I am sure he gets a lot of petting :-D
A blue border sounds good and the golden yellows are a great start. How will it all turn out? Only one way to know. Just do it, Alycia!!!

Susan said...

Looking good so far! Try throwing in some grass green maybe??