Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Virtual Cookie Exchange

Its a Virtual Cookie Exchange! Welcome!!
This cookie exchange is hosted by Just Let Me Quilt


Each day visit the links below and get a new cookie/candy recipe - and!!! If you make them each day you will be totally ready for Christmas.... and probably suffering from Sugar Overload - ha!

My Recipe is for
  Chocolate Truffles



I make these and have to hide them, as everyone in the house digs in - and Poof - like that - they are gone!

So here we go!

Ingredients:
16 Oz Chocolate Chips ( I used 2 2/3 cup of Nestle Tollhouse)
1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
1/2 cup Butter

2 cups white dipping chocolate or Dark Dipping Chocolate ( I used Ghiradellis)
2 crushes candy canes








Directions:

Melt Butter in a saucepan over medium heat. 

Add in Cream when butter is just about melted


Increase the heat slightly and using a whisk stir constantly, but gently
Heat until mix just barely comes to a boil.















Remove from heat and add in Chocolate Chips


Stir gently - mixing until smooth.

Place entire pan in the fridge for several hours until cooled










Go sew!!







When mix is solid ( mine took about 3 hours)
Scoop out small balls of the mix, shape into little balls and place on Wax or parchment paper on a cookie tray.

I scooped all of mine out, then rolled them - and I worked quick, as they will melt and get sticky.


Place them on the tray, in the freezer for at least an hour

And GO SEW!!

 I decided to dip half of mine in White Chocolate, and half in Dark Chocolate. and since White chocolate is easier for you to see - that is your photographed version.

I melted the white Chips in my small little crock pot 

 Then I lifted each truffle on a fork, rolled it in the chocolate and gently put in back on the tray. Quickly I sprinkled Crushed peppermints on them. If you don't do it right away - the chocolate coating hardens and they won't stick.

I put mine back on the tray and stuck them in the fridge while I worked on Tray 2
 

This is what the inside looks like - and its really really yummy



Each batch makes about 50 truffles and if you are quick enough you may get to eat one or two

Before they are gone!

But if you are really smart you will put some in a ziploc container, label it turkey gizzards,
stash it in the back of the fridge and save it for when you need a little quilting break!

Enjoy checking out the other recipes!!

*****************************************************************************

30 comments:

Velda at the Freckled Fox Quiltery said...

Delishus looking little balls of pure love. Hahahaha I am gonna use your turkey gizzard trick.

Barb said...

I say yuuuu uuummm meee. You had me there at chocolate....looks so good. Thanks for sharing how to make these.

Dorian said...

These look really good!! Thanks for the recipe :)

Carol Swift said...

Oh my gosh...these look amazing! Labeling them turkey gizzards would be a sure way to keep them to myself. LOL Your directions make it look so easy! Thank you so much for hopping along with us today and sharing this mouth watering recipe. xo P.S. I tried to pin your photo but it wouldn't let me.

Vicki in MN said...

Oh my I think I can just about taste them!!

Carol said...

These look fabulous--wish I could reach into the screen and grab one. I am going to make a batch and see how long they last around here... Thanks for sharing!

Brenda @ Songbird Designs said...

Oh my...chocolate truffles!!! These sound wonderful! Thanks for sharing your recipe!

Sandra Dennison said...

LOL! "Label it turkey gizzard" -- I love the way you think! Thanks for the recipe!

Anita Jackson @ Domestic Felicity said...

Fun! And Funny that you have to hide them!

Denise said...

You crack me up. My guys will eat gizzards but not necessarily chocolate. Thank you for the recipe.

piecefulwendy said...

Oh yum, yum, yum! I'm putting these on my list for making once my daughter gets home. Thanks for sharing!

Needled Mom said...

Those sound amazing and look so pretty too.

Tracy @It’s a T-Sweets Day! said...

Oh the chocolate goodness!! Here look like a true Christmas treat! Thank you for sharing the recipe. I can’t wait to try them❤️❤️

Calicojoan said...

OMG I feel my thighs expanding as I read this! LOL!! I have to make these! Yummy yummy. Have a very Merry Christmas

Susan said...

You always make me smile, Alycia. I love your sense of humor, and I love chocolate, and chocolate truffles! I've never made anything like this, so I look forward to trying these. If I fail completely, I suspect I'll still eat whatever I get. It's chocolate!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Alycia! OMG!!! I am drooling here at work, sitting at my computer. I'm afraid someone is going to ask me if I'm okay. HAHA! These look SO DARN GOOD. Holy moly - and easy too. I am going to add this to our stack of recipes to be made this year. Thank you for sharing!! ~smile~ Roseanne

Sharon Aurora said...

I love love love truffles. hahaha - turkey gizzards - perfect!

Carla said...

Yummy! I love the turkey gizzards idea too. Thank you for sharing your recipe. Merry Christmas!

Melva said...

I love your sense of humor! And how the recipe incorporates time for quilting time as well. And marking them as turkey gizzards is brilliant. Thanks for the recipe and the tip for keeping goodies from disappearing. Blessings.

tink's mom said...

Just love your Turkey Gizzard recipe. It looks yummy in the tummy. Thank you and have a very Merry Christmas

LJ said...

My mouth is watering now after looking at those truffles. This may be my new recipe to use this Christmas. I'm loving your idea about stashing this candy in the back of the fridge - I love stash whether it's fabric or candy!!

Farm Quilter said...

Just perfect!!! I can make them and no one in the house will eat them - my dad is allergic to chocolate and my husband is diabetic! I'm so mean :o) Thanks for sharing this great recipe!!!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Love that you can sew inbetween steps of truffle making. I had a good laugh at the turkey gizzards as well.

Kate said...

Oh yum! I may have to kick My Guy out of the kitchen and make a batch of these.

Kathleen said...

These look terrific! Actually I read this last night and think I dreamt about them. A little out of my range for baking but boy do they look yum - thank goodness this is a calorie free cookie the way I am enjoying int.

LizA. said...

oh yum! I think I MUST make these.......

Michelle said...

Yummy, chocolate truffles! Thanks for sharing.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Oh those look so yummy. With the candy canes they must be amazing tasting.

treen said...

I'm getting a sugar headache just looking at those pictures, but oh yeah. That just went on my list of things to make. YUM.

Sharon said...

Oh my goodness! These sound wonderful, and I love the "Go Sew" part of the instructions. Definitely on my list to make this Christmas, so thanks for sharing!