Thursday, November 15, 2018

TGIF Friday!!!!

Welcome to TGIF Friday hosted here!! I am so glad you came!! And I hope you have a good time seeing all the projects! I know I start in the morning checking them out and keep looking through the weekend - It inspires me!

I love Log Cabin Style Quilts, and I Love scrappy Quilts - and I seem to have a stockpile of scraps - I think they just migrate to my house.... so what's a girl to do????

Start Sewing Right?

I started these blocks with the cut offs of the Hot pink .... from making BINDING!! Who does that ( ha ha - I know you all do!!)



And this is the next one  - Although I have run into a problem.... I'd be glad for advice

My friend gave me this bag of scraps - and it looked like a lot! So! I started these blocks..... then I started trying to get them all to 15 inches square




and then my scraps started getting small - not large enough to use a 15 inch strip.... do I start making 15 inch strips to finish the rest of the blocks?  Or  do I go cut something ( hence making MORE scraps)   Or do I leave it as is - and smallish quilt?



Oh - well - and then I would have orphan blocks - because.... yea me - I started 20 of them.....

Link up to your finishes!!!   Let us see them all........................













Linking to:

Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Busy Hands Quilts
Off the Wall Friday
Show off saturday

14 comments:

JoAnne said...

Make long strips out of what's left - at least that's what I would do!

Mari said...

Love that top quilt! For the log cabins, just join the strips together to get the length you need. Waste not, want not! Have a good weekend!

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

Wonderful scrappy quilt and blocks! I would cut more strips to finish the blocks, even if it would generate more scraps. Perhaps you can piece together some short scraps of similar value to get the length you need.

ChezVies said...

I love the blue and white quilt!! and of course the log cabin too!

Karen's Korner said...

I love seeing what others make from scraps. Nicely done.

Farm Quilter said...

For your log cabin quilt, just join the mismatched pieces together to get the length you need and make the quilt a size you will use!! That's what our forequilters did!! It will be fabulous!

Anja @ Anja Quilts said...

It's amazing what you can create from scraps. I need to start using my scraps more often.

Sandra Walker said...

Maybe just add sashing? and a border? Thanks for hosting TGIFF!

Norma Schlager said...

The quilting is amazing on the first quilt. Did you do it and if so, was it long arm or mid arm or regular home sewing machine?

Kate said...

Love those log cabin blocks! You've been making good use of all your scraps.

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

I love Farm Girl's idea of matching up shorter pieces and making them longer. After that, I'd definitely cut more from stash, as stash seems to be never-ending!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Nice new set of blocks, Alycia! The way I see it, you've got 3 options: Leave the blocks the size they are and fill in with something else. Sew the remaining small scraps into strips which can be used to bring the blocks up to the size you want. Complete the top at whatever size the blocks will make and add borders to bring the quilt to the desired size. You can DO this!!

Snowcatcher said...

Thanks for doing TGIFriday! I love both of these projects, and lap quilts are cool, in my mind, so I'd make due with what I had, but if you have enough to keep going, nothing ever wrong with using up more fabric.

Run 'n Stitch said...

What a creative way to use scraps! I love both of your quilts and the top one really caught my eye. If it were me, I'd just sew them together for a smallish quilt..(and on to the next project)but that's me. Have fun with whatever you choose.