Friday, July 28, 2017

Blue Scrap Progress - Rainbow Scrap Challenge

Blue is the Color of July on the RainBow Scrap Challenge ( hosted by Angela)

I dug into my 5 inch blue squares, and had so much fun!! and Then - Clare came and made these red and blue blocks - and she made 4 of them - so I just had to put them as the cornerstones.....

and Ta-Da!!


A quilt is born.... or at least in the gestation process.....




It is actually all stacked and ready to be *rowed* on my sewing table.... so it will soon be ..... a Top!!

I just love this Churndash Pattern - its the one by Missouri Star Quilts - where you use all 5 inch squares - No waste!!!

Linking to:
Finished or not finished Friday .... Obviously the not finished part - ha ha
Can I get a Whoop Whoop   cuz it really needs one... its friday, its worn out from all of its glory on the design wall.... it just wants to watch netflix and eat popcorn..... really.....

Rainbow Scrap Challenge - Even thought is has some other colors.... it started out as all blue!

20 comments:

Anita Jackson @ Domestic Felicity said...

Churn Dash is one of my favorites~ I love the mixed fabrics. So much to look at!

Anonymous said...

Love this! Makes me want to drop everything and make some of these blocks myself!

Vicki in MN said...

Nicely done Alycia! Quilt on my friend, quilt on!!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Wonderful use of BLUE scraps for the RSC!!!

Katie Z. said...

Yay!

Mari said...

That's a lot of scrappy goodness in one top!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That is fun and scrappy! I love the variety of fabrics in it!

LA Paylor said...

I'm moving to the Aurora area... are you near there? You look like a rancher... we're looking in Elizabeth if we get acreage, or Parker if not. I am an art quilter, and hope there will be some groups there who would accept me! Please contact me and tell me about your experience in CO
Leeanna at not afraid of color
leeannaquilts at gmail dot com

Lynette said...

Churn dashes are great. That's cool how the flag is fussy cut in the center of that one.

Cathy said...

Churn Dash is always a favorite in any size or color!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info about the Jenny pattern.. I have always thought it was a rough block but if it uses precuts that's for me.

Pamela Arbour said...

It is beautiful. I like the splashes of red in there!

Carlie Nichols: said...

Well you hooked me again ;-) Thanks for the tips. Carlie Nichols

Gypsy Quilter said...

Wonderful!

Nell's Quilts said...

Churn Dash is always a good go to block for a fast quilt and looks good in your red and blue colour way..

Kate said...

Lots of fun fabrics! Definitely worth a Whoop! Whoop!

June D said...

Very very nice!

Anonymous said...

I love this, one of my favorite blocks! Nice job!

Julie said...

This is excellent. Great use of blues!

Sandy Panagos said...

That's a fun quilt! The pops of red look good.