Wednesday, June 07, 2017

Quilts of Valor.... and! A new Mystery!!

Happy Wednesday Morning to you!!!

I hope you enjoyed our little linky for May!!!  Click here to see it  Our next one will be  June 28th!! So get a little progress on a QOV, or start a new one, blog about it - and come here to link it up!!!

Next order of housekeeping.....

A new Mystery is Starting!!

You can get to it through the Mystery Quilts 4 Military Yahoo group

OR!!!

The steps will be posted here on my blog each Wednesday !!

Starting on July 5th!!!!

Here is a hint - It will look ah! Mazing in Patriotics!!!  ( ha ha - you knew that tho right?)

Fabric requirements will be posted July 5th, with a clue a week  - and Voila - you will have a Quilt of Valor !  Each Clue takes approximately an hour, with no chasing of cows, herding the horses, or changing the laundry.....


and now.... On to the show:

Sharon D made these first two quilts .... and I love them!  Seeing as how I have a friend who loves to make 9 patches..... I loved her layout in the second quitl!!Thanks Sharon!!!



The next three were made by Kathy and QUilted by Connie
( aka the dynamic Duo)



I must love squares this month - cuz
this one ( below)
is going on my bucket list too!

oh and the back!!
Don't you just love pieced backs???


The next two were made by our QOV group
We had an Italian Day and used Atkison Designs Lasagna Quilt


and remember our Wonky Star Block Drive?
This one came from that
Both of these  ( above and below)
were quilted by Donna In Longmont!


The Pride City Guild is the best supplier of pillowcases
I know its not a requirement any more - but I still use them
A lot of our Veterans travel from place to place and LOVE to keep their quilts in the pillowcase

and some of them even tuck their quilts in their motorcycle carriers!
So this keeps them clean and loveable



Enjoy your week!
Pull some Patriotic Fabrics



Linking to:
Lets Be Social
MidWeek Makers

8 comments:

Joyce said...

Are the directions to your older mysteries available somewhere? I would love to have them to try for QOV.

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Alycia,
Oh, what pretty quilts to display. I love all of them . . . every single one. And the pillow cases - they look so fun too! I am partial to nine-patch, and the little stars in the color are just too darn cute. ~smile~
Roseanne

Susan said...

Another great QOV show! The Mystery Quilts 4 Military is a great idea - I'll see what my schedule to participate. Thanks for sharing this on Midweek Makers

Anonymous said...

I loved seeing my two quilts. What fun. I just finished another of the strips for my grandson. Yes in patriotic colors. His Mom and Dad were in the Air Force stationed in Japan when he was born and he has an eagle tattoo on his back. He just graduated and I thought it would be a great graduation gift for him. I do love 9 patches also. They are such a great way to use up that 1/3 or less of fabric you have left from a project and work up pretty quickly. Looking forward to your next mystery.
Sharon D

Kathy S. said...

Great quilts of valor! Show them off at Mama Sparks World too! Linking could win a giveaway if we have enough people. Tell her Kathy S. sent you.

http://mamaspark.blogspot.com/2017/06/wips-with-friends-and-giveaway.html

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

Lovely show and tell. I'm a new-ish follower, and I am really looking forward to your mystery quilt. I'll check my stash for some patriotic prints and colors after I know the requirements. --Andrea

The Joyful Quilter said...

Another great bunch of quilt and SEW excited to hear that you will be posting the Mystery Clues on your blog!! I have a fair amount of trouble each time I try to get the patterns on the Mystery Group. Thanks for trying another form of delivery this time around!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I just requested to join the Yahoo group. It says the mystery starts on July 7th. Posted on your blog first, then posted on the Yahoo group????