Friday, May 26, 2017

A Very Red Quilt - oh and! Churndashes!!

I might have said earlier this week that Churn-dashes seemed to be the block of the year for me...

I might not have been kidding !

The Month of March was Red on the Rainbow Scrap Challenge < so I had pulled out my red and went to working on them

And I decided that this year my goal was to not only make the blocks - but to assemble them into something.... this year!   ( did you catch that? This year.... Big goal for me!)

Ta Da!!


They are all put into a quilt
and this time I was NOT one block short
( this may be the first quilt this year with ALL of its components!)

And it is all quilted!!

I used a pretty wild back ..
Well it's not really wild, but when paired with all the red
I think it went crazy!



My friend is binding it for me
In the black and white stripe
Won't that be cool????




Here is a little announcement ....
I have been asked by a few readers to host a QOV Blog/instagram Link up for Quilts of Valor Inspiration.

So have decided that once a month I'll host a link up and you can link to all of your blog posts for that month of Quilts of Valor that you are working on/or finished.  That way we can all enjoy the QOV inspirations!  So spread the word - the first linky will be next Wednesday the 31st of May.

Then we will do this on the last Wednesday of each month if people like it - will you join in?

***************************************************************

Linking to:
TGI Friday at Slice of Pi
Finished or Not
Confessions ( whoop Whoop)
Off the wall Friday

15 comments:

Jayne said...

Personally, of all the 'traditional' blocks the Churn Dash is my favorite. Your quilt is gorgeous in red and the striped binding will be a great addition!!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Alycia,
I love the red! It is absolutely my favorite color, yet I do not use it that often in quilts. I need to change that. Stripes are my favorite pattern as well, so this is a winning combination for me. I haven't made any QOV yet - I only recently started hearing about them, but will be happy to pass on the word. ~smile~
Roseanne

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Way to meet your personal goal - the quilt looks great! I think binding it in the black and white stripe will frame it beautifully.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Gorgeous quilt - congratulations on the almost-finished!!!!

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

I love it! So bold and so fun. I like your new QOV link-up idea. I think it'll motivate me to move my leaders and enders along into a finished QOV sooner. Looking forward to seeing all the link-ups.

Elaine M said...

Love your Red Churndashes. I'm making plaid ones currently. Have a great weekend.

Slice of Pi said...

Love the scrappiness of your churn dash quilt! It turned out great!! I have made a QOV before (a year or so ago). Could I link that up next week? Thanks for linking to TGIFF!

Kevin the Quilter said...

So cool! You are very talented! When are you coming to visit?

Rosa said...

Gorgeous block and fabric combo.Stunning quilt,love anything about it!

Saija said...

Looks lovely! I like red really much!

Kate said...

Very vivid! Love the red with the black stripes!

Linda said...

Love your Churn Dash quilt. Very striking in red. I've never made a Churn Dash block but now I'm tempted!

Marianne said...

Très jolie couette bravo

Norma Schlager said...

I have made more than one red quilts, although not as traditional as yours. Yours is terrific and as you already know, all reds go together.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Your 'churn dash' quilt is lovely!