Monday, January 16, 2012

Design Wall 1/16/12

A holiday!! Yay - all of the kiddos are home, and we goofed off all weekend. Rode horses, read books, watched our Broncos, went to eat with some great friends.... Kind of glad its a holiday!

On my design wall today is the layer cake fabrics I purchased at sheepcampquiltsupply.com  on our way home from the funeral. 

42 layer cake pieces - this is going to be about 54 x 63 without borders, so I may have to shop around for a border. I think Iit might need to be a bit bigger. But since I am still sewing the rows together.... I can be patient ( bwahh haa haa - who am I kidding?)



And I got Clue one done of the mystery quilt going on over at http://www.persimmonquilts.com/   its mystery 21 on the QOV Mystery page
And I got the cutting done for clue 2 - just need to print it off so I can sew!!

one of my favorite things is to watch our sunsets - over the mountains, the clouds get such amazing looks to them!

For more design walls go to:

4 comments:

Gypsy Quilter said...

Your new project is so bright and cheerful. I hope you're keeping it.

Kate said...

Love the bright colors in your layer cake. The mystery quilt looks fun. I have one of those I need to get started on.

Pretty sunset. It seems that we've been having some very nice ones over the plains the last few weeks. I love the red/gold in the clouds. Makes for a nice end to the day.

Pattilou said...

Amazing sunset. We get nice ones here that we didn't get in Moab. Winter skies are the best!

Bonnie said...

looks like progress to me... beautiful sunset...