Tuesday, March 01, 2011

UFO #10

UFO #10 is Finished

This is my UFO Number 10 and I can not tell you how old it is, but I think it has to be 5 years old at least, because I can remember that I  bought it in Golden CO when I went to the Rocky Mounrtain Quilt museum for my birthday .....and I had to drive my Truck. Which means that this was before I got my Grandpa's car, and I got his car about 4 years ago. See how my brain works? ( there are some that say it doesn't!)

When I showed it to my family they weren't sure it was mine, becasue the colors were not something I like ( snort) so they put it next to a flannel quilt that I had made for me.... hmm I think we should change our decorating scheme!


Oh look! Its a cute horse with a rider! So - this morning when I went to turn my laptop on it told me I had a virus - so I am waiting on Wrangler man to save me. In the meantime I took my camera to my desktop and downloaded the pics I needed for today - but LOOK what I found in my camera!

And look at this cutie - So you know - that's a sorting stick - it is un-electrified because I feel that young children should not be electrified early in life - okay Just kiddin' .. we also use it to train horses - kind of like a third arm so its jut a soft plastic stick - but fun!!

Oh the memories - this was our fishing trip last year I think - now two of those kids are looking me in the eye.... and (hold on a minute I need to sipe my tears) and and and one of them is *gulp* learning to *gulp* drive.......

10 comments:

JudyCinNC said...

Wonderful quilt finish - I love the colors. We lived in Colorado for 28 years - but retired in 2002 to NC. Had to leave the snow. Judy C

Katie said...

Whew, what bright, wonderful colors! I love it! Great finish and an excuse to redecorate too? Fantastic month, I say!

Gypsy Quilter said...

Ohhh no, learning to drive already? Goodness, next thing you know he'll be dating girls and hanging out at the mall. LOL. Luckily you're a long way from the mall. Purple quilt looks great.

LizA. said...

Ahh, I'm so glad to know that somebody else thinks the same way I do....At least you can be assured that none of the guys in your house will use those quilts. Love the bright colors. My goodness they're growing up fast....learning to drive already? Not possible.

Impera Magna said...

Bummer about the computer virus... hope it's an easily remove-able one!!!

Love the bright colors in the pink quilt... warms you up just looking at it.

Yes, the little ones grow up too fast... enjoy 'em while they're still at home.

Amy said...

Okay, so my first thought was...."How on EARTH did that become a UFO??? It's adorable!!!!"

Then I thought......"ah yes.....Alycia has BOYS!" ;0)

That quilt would fit in perfectly here with three girls ages 10 and younger. It is ADORABLE!!!!!! {{oh, I said that already}}

LOVE the pics! Can't wait until the weather of Spring and Summer return! And....I was swiping away tears of laughter at the "electrified" remark!

Okay---you've given me the mojo to get motivated back in my sewing room!

Quilter Kathy said...

Yum...LOVE it! It's fabulous!

Jan said...

Nice bright colors in your cute quilt! Love the pictures of your boys!! they grow up too fast, don't they?

BetsyE said...

I love the colors! and the back is so cute too. so much fun!

Kathie said...

Very bright but I love it.

You will survive the driving, my daughter got her license in November and after a couple of panic attacks (by me...lol) she is doing fine and I love being able to send her to the store or not have to pick her up after school activities.