Thursday, December 23, 2010

The winner

I know that ALL of you have been waiting with baited breath to see how many Quilts Of Valor I had in my suburban..... and no one quite guessed. A lot of you got close. The winner was comment 19 NKA... so I have emailed nka to get there quilt of valor quilt kit.

So..... I packed 190 Quilts of Valor in that suburban.... Can you believe it? I think the most I have packed was 222, but this time I took all I had in supply.

The cool thing is that over the years we have done a great job of getting these guys covered, so some of them had already received their QOV's. Plus I have caught some of them at other treatment places they attended off post.

Total amount of QOV's given out that day: 129

but.... on the way home my cell phone buzzed - a LOT. One of the treatment groups that know me, requested 25 QOV's for this week, and then another group that I have contact with needed 15 more....

That leaves me with a grand total of 21 quilts ready to hand out..... Is that amazing or what? I was tickled.  Back to the grindstone then, right?

Oh, but wait.... on the way home I picked up 4 QOV"s that Pat had quilted for us, and 3 from a retired Army Chaplains wife..... so after those are washed that will be, ummmm 28QOV's!!

I hope you all have a Very Merry Christmas. I have more pics to share, but I will do that after Christmas. My kids think that I should be baking and wrapping presents *grin*

5 comments:

Mary Johnson said...

I love reading about your presentations of the QOV!

Have a wonderful Christmas.

Sue in Scottsdale, AZ said...

Oh Alycia, this is so wonderful to hear this time of year. You are definitely Santa Claus to all these soldiers. But now we need to get you some more quilts. I have 4 waiting for labels, 2 waiting to be quilted and a couple more in my head. I guess I know what I'll be doing this weekend. I was going to wait and send them all to you in one box, but I'll see if I can't get some off to you sooner.

Have a very Merry Christmas - you definitely deserve it.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you Alycia and all the guys! Enjoy yourselves.

Now off to make fresh rolls for dinner.

Shari in AZ

Churn Dash said...

I love to make quilts and hope that the recipient likes it. With personal gifts I usually get to see the reaction, with QOV I don't. I enjoy seeing the pictures of people getting a QOV and it reminds me that the quilts I make go to a real person. Thanks for all you do Alycia.
Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Quilter Kathy said...

Wow! I was off by 100 quilts! That is one heck of a lot of quilts!