Monday, August 17, 2009

Quilts from Geneseo

I swear these ladies in Geneseo are a bunch of prolific quilters! I got a call from Jean - she lives in Colorado. She says I was just back visiting my sister and they gave me a few quilts for your Quilt of Valor Project.
~
She wanted to know if we could mee up someplace. Well.... ya!! There is a quilt shop called Tomorrows Heirlooms between her and myself. - Sounded like a great plan to me.
~
I loaded up 2 of my 3 boys and headed out to meet up with Jean. Adn of course - right next to the door I had a quilt top that I decided needed borders. I was planning on taking it with me to find borders. - Note the planning part !! I FORGOT it!!
~
No worries though. Since it is about an hour away I had to use the restrooms at the quilt shop - and on the way to the restrooms they have a clearance rack... and what should I find on the clearance rack - 2 ( count em 2) bolts of some of the fabrics in the quilt. So now I could do a small inner border and a larger outer border and maybe even a pillowcase. I was tickled! And was proud that I could remember some fabrics in the QUILT!!!!

~
After we left the quilt shop with my 3 large bags of quilts.... THIRTEEN in all, we headed to Golden to go visit the Rocky Mountain Quilt Museum. About half way there I realized that in my excitement to find fabric for the forgotten quilt - I had forgotten to use the restroom....



The RMQM was in the process of closing one exhibit and opening another. They were also moving buildings so both exhibits happened to be open. It was a Twofer!!
~
They had some quilts from the original Eugenia Mitchell donation hanging - and my were they gorgeous.



















































After the Quilt Meseum I promised the kids I would take them to the Lego Store. It is in a rather large mall. With a lot of people. And you probably don't remember this, but I live outside of a small town, and converse with animals that don't argue, animals that move out of your way ( mostly) and that depend on me for food. NONE of the people in the mall resembled those animals.
~
At times we felt it was a fight for our lives - or at least our feet - my my are there a lot of folks out shopping on a Saturday. We survived, and were glad to get home.
~
And then we got to look at all these beautiful quilts from the geneseo guild. I am so tickled that they did this, and how it works out to have angels coming to my state! Thanks ladies!!!

No comments: