Friday, August 21, 2009

Quilt of Valor Sew along Step 3

***Shameless plug***
This weekend is the Rocky Mountain Quilt Festival (http://www.rockymountainquiltfestival.com )at the Ranch in Loveland. I WILL BE THERE!! So come and see me. I will have a booth for QUILTS OF VALOR. So come sign a card, a block, or just say Hi to me.
It is Sat 10-5 and Sunday 10-4
*****Back to our regularly scheduled program******




So when we last left our sewing table we had a lot of half square Triangles. - Now we are going to make them into hourglass blocks.
~
I kept all of my pairs together. I don't think that is necessary, but I did just because (grin)





~
I paired one Half square Triangle and layed it on another one. Right sides together, BUT opposite colors together. I then pinned the pairs - because on that day I was all into accuracy.








~Then I placed my ruler diagonally across the pair and drew a line.









~
After all the marking are made, then sew 1/4 inch away from the line on EACH side of the line. Once they are all sewn, I headed back to the cutting table, layed my ruler back on the line and sliced with my newly Bladed Rotary cutter.












~
And when you open them up - this is what you get! Take them to the ironing board and press them open. Mine all measured at
6 1/2 inches. Hopefully yours will too.


~
Isn't this a lovely pile. I did mix a few of the pairs - just to see what the hourglass blocks would look like. They are the 3 on the right. I liked them!





~
It has been brought to my attention that you all can sew faster than I am posting the instructions. So if you are bored - you may come clean my house, or make us dinner... is that a good compromise? Just kidding... I don't want anyone to stress out ;-)
~

2 comments:

Lindah said...

No, no, not so! --I'm cleaning My house and making My dinner. :-) The timing is good for me, but I'm sure getting curious about the design outcome.
The quilt show at the ranch sounds like fun. Too bad I'm a couple thousand miles away. Well, "hi" anyway.

the Provident Woman said...

That's Going to make a great quilt.