Friday, October 02, 2026

RSC Blocks and Finished ( or not) Friday!

 I did it!! I caught up on my RSC Blocks.

You know - there are not that many that I needed to make to finish the idea I have in my head, but Lawsy Mercy - did that seem to be an OBSTACLE!!!! 

Finally - I sat down and dug thru my scraps and made Piles..


I made sure I had enough pieces, grabbed a glass of water ( you must stay hydrated while working this hard) and got to work!

You might notice my little corner squares are even scrappy! I had tons of little yellow odds and ends and I thought this would be a great place to use them.

Forgot how much time that can take... Time well spent tho.. 

My stress level and heart rates went down ( right?)


Then I realized that that was AUGUSTs!! Color - and SEPTEMBER was mostly over .. so I went and looked up the September color - that is PURPLE... And I had to dig in to that color too. 

Why lose the momentum?


Now Purple is done - I am ready to start working on the next step!

How was your week - Did you get all you wanted worked on? are you prepping for fall and winter? Our garden did not produce as much this year as it did last year, so I don't have as much canning to do. Not complaining - last summer - I think I canned enough for two years!!

Link up your direct post link and let us cheer you on!!




***************Link Up Here **************


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
*****the end***

Find me at all these places:


    
Etsy        Instagram      Facebook       Amazon

(ps - a commission is earned on purchases from amazon thru my link)

9 comments:

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Love your yellow and purple blocks! I agree, the scrappier the better! I look forward to being able to sit at the machine soon. I'm working hard at PT to reclaim knee function and that is how I spent my week with a little rug weaving tossed in!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love these blocks, and it will be fun to see how they all go together in a quilt, Alycia! I've been in a "little of this, a little of that" mode recently, so not making a ton of progress on any one thing. That's how it goes sometimes, lol! Happy Friday!

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

Great additions to your RSC blocks. Looking forward to seeing your finish.

Donna said...

Cute blocks. Can’t wait to see your finished quilt.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

So smart to keep the momentum going and get the August and September blocks done at the same time.

Linda at Texas Quilt Gal said...

You persevered and did a great job! I haven't even checked to see what the October color is, so I can do 3 months catch-up!

Vicki in MN said...

I like your new blocks, every little scrap used is a plus!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Oooh I really love these little blocks Alycia. The yellow blocks with the scrappy corners are right up my alley. Have a very lovely day. Hugs.

Snowcatcher said...

I really loved all the purple throughout September. I like your yellow, too! This is going to be an awesome project! Can't wait to see what you do with the blocks!