Friday, May 06, 2022

Long Haul Trucking ( okay Driving) and ..... Finished ( or not) Friday

 This week I got to pretend to be a long Haul Trucker.... only in my car! and I made it back alive!!!



You know how you have things go in Threes.... well the three this time... was not a fun one, but I tried to make it fun. The motor on my Long Arm decided to die.  you all know - this stuff happens - its all a part of using machines and technology... but... really.... its graduation season - I'm booked!!

( PS - my machine is 18 almost 19 years old!!!)

And therefore - I might have thrown a temper tantrum and then! Sucked it up and made a plan!


My husband is really good at helping me with the mechanical stuff - but he didn't have time to learn how to replace a motor - but! My Best Friends at Nolting ( I have a Nolting Pro) told me - get it here - well get you turned around and out the door

and by Golly they did! Richard is my new best friend - and not just for the day - he earned the WHOLE YEAR!!!

Oh ! and as I was getting the machine ready to load up, the check engine light in my car came on. ( on a Saturday night) so I stole  my Dads car. .... He's not getting it back - haha


I called one of my sons while I was on the road... and he said - send me pictures each time you stop - and so - I shot random ones along the way...

So! I took off Sunday Afternoon and made it to Lincoln NE ... 6 1/2 hours ish. 

Got up early Monday and drove into Hiawatha IA - it was a really pretty drive. I think there was a tornado in the Tama/Traer area last year... I vaguely remember hearing about it - and I saw barns that were just flat..... it was crazy



I got to Nolting - Richard took my machine - and we talked about it, he said I will call you when its ready.   So I headed off to lunch and then .... craft stores haha!!! I had time to shop and nothing to buy!




Check this out - Flying Tractors:


And a Pink Barn....it was raining - so you have to look close - but to be honest - I have never seem a PINK barn..... 

There is my Baby - All packed in and happy.  
He got a new motor and had a little spa experience - and now!!


He is back on his rails and ready to Rock and Roll!  I love my Nolting and I have had such a great experience with them - They are always so helpful ... I mean always - but this week - they went above and beyond in making sure I didn't have a panic attack.

And they laughed at my jokes...ya... I know... they were awesome!  1500 miles - 2 1/2 days - 2 hotels - and a LOT of real life truckers....  oh - and country music....


So that is my Finish for this week,.... It's all I have - roll with me ;-)


it's your turn!!!

Link up your finished ( or not) posts - Inspire me!!











You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
**********************

18 comments:

Preeti said...

PHEW!!! That was a very long trip to go solo, Alycia. Glad you are back home, safe and with all parts (yours and machine's) intact. Have a great weekend!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Are you kidding me? You drove your machine to Nolting? Wow, what a rock star. I have a Nolting NV. I had issues at the beginning, but it has straighted out now. I just google mapped from my house and it would be 780 miles one way for me. I would never be able to drive it. Congratulations on getting it all done and up!

Mari said...

That sounds like a wild trip! All that flat farm land must have just flown by, but gosh, what a long way. Proof that you'll do anything for your clients!

Cathy said...

Oh my goodness...you were only about 1.5 hours away from me in Iowa!

Glad you made it there and back safely. Gosh, I would have been cussing most of the way (my only vice, you know). Electronic failures in the past is why I now have a sewing machine without electronics. And a wringer washer and...

Anyway, glad you are back in business!

Delighted Hands said...

WOW! I'm so glad they could help you out so quickly! You are amazing to take on the trip like that! (my old, as in 29yrs old APQS, Ultimate I)

Vicki in MN said...

Oh gosh what rotten timing for your motor to blow, well there is never a good time! Glad you got it fixed up quickly. Nolting is the best:)

Snowcatcher said...

That's a pretty big finish!!! Even though I don't get to sew or quilt every day, I would go nuts if one of my machines went down. Great photos along the way! I don't think I've ever seen a pink barn either!

Vicki W said...

That's a lot of driving! I have to do that this summer and do the drive to Maine by myself. I'm looking forward to a lot of book listening time.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I had to replace the motor in my big machine. They never quit during a convenient time! But I didn't have a best friend Richard so I had to install my own. It was a chore to get all those parts back in!

Bonnie said...

So glad all is running smoothly again. I've found Nolting to be wonderful to work with. Luckily, knock on wood, I haven't been having problems with mine. Here's to a full schedule of quilts to finish. I've had Nolting for about 13 years but I upgraded to an NV like Linda. I'd have enjoyed the drive so I could listen to an audio book!

Linda said...

That is quite the adventure. Glad you were able to get your Baby working again and that you didn't encounter any storms up there in tornado alley!

scraphappy said...

What an adventure! Glad you were able to get everything working.

Neta Ridinger said...

Rats! We could have had coffee or something-----you drove right through North Platte where I live! Glad your 'baby' is fixed and you are home safe! Neta in North Platte, NE

dq said...

OH ya - Flying Tractors are the best! I really enjoyed the photo.
Good to get your machine back. We miss them when they are sick or gone.

chrisknits said...

Sorry to hear of your troubles!! But glad it all got resolved. Happy Graduation Quilting!

Quiltdivajulie said...

My former long armer has a Nolting (the latest of several - she likes to upgrade) and she swears by their service and people. So happy you are up and running again! Fun post btw.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Those drives do get long. It's 1200 miles to our parents homes (4 blocks from each other). I'll be doing that one again the end of June. I do take 2-3 days to get there (lots of antique malls along the way to stop at). Glad your machine is working again. Hope your car is fixed now, too.

Donita M said...

Sorry you had machine problems but glad you were able to get things fixed. I see you took I-80 through NE. I live in Kearney where the Archway is at across the interstate. Happy quilting!