Friday, July 16, 2021

Positivity ( the TOP) and!!!! Finished ( or not) Friday! and!!! TGIF Friday!!

 What a week - it was crazy busy and lots of fun and! I stitched..... makes it all the better!!

We went to the Home Run Derby in Denver Monday Night and oh my stars!!! it was crazy!! after all this lockdown it was so weird to see so many people in one spot - but what fun!. The last time I was on the streets of Denver you were all masked and walking in groups, staying away from people - not this time!!

And then I got to work on my Positivity Top - and the dog and I looked for some fun places to try to take a photo. Puppy is not much help when it comes to photos - he is not tall enough!!

But this is what we found:


My hay storage trailer!! haha!!! This is an old , still usable trailer! I have been known to pull it to the hay field and have them stack the hay in here - then! it is under cover ( saves it from the weather) and when I need to go feed in a different pasture I can pull it out that way... I am all about the easy peasy in life !!

The backing in now made, everything is pinned and ready to load on the LongArm - and! When I finish the next couple of Client quilts I am going to sneak it on it there!

And now... the moment you have been waiting for.... YOUR turn!!   IT is BOTH Finished ( or Not) Friday and TGIF Friday!! I LOVE double hosting - twice as many projects to check out!!! I LOVE it!!

Link up your Finishes ( or not ones)!!!!

*again - Direct Links please ;-)








************************************


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
***************************************end of link *********************************

Find me at all these places:

    
Etsy           Instagram           Facebook

26 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

I love your positivity quilt, the negative border is perfect! The hay in the trailer is a great idea, I would do something like that if I had to feed hay outside. Happy stitching!

Jenny K. Lyon said...

Staging is great for that photo; love the bold color and design of your "positivity"!

Cathy said...

Oh, I love your version of Positivity and that old hay storage trailer does make a wonderful background for your photo.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Beautiful quilt! Hmm.. you have a hay wagon and I have a wheelbarrow.

R's Rue said...

So beautiful. Have a great weekend full of joy, hope and love.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Linda said...

What a beautiful plus quilt! Love that trailer behind it. ;)

grammajudyb said...

Loving the Positivity quilt. The colors, the setting, even the staging with the hay trailer. I've got my fingers crossed for a flimsy by Sunday! The backing had been selected, so know I need to schedule a session with the long armer. She is away til Sunday evening, so I'll text her then.

Vicki in MN said...

Beautiful positivity quilt, I like that the dark blue blocks form the border and pull all the other blues out of the center. Nice work!

Delighted Hands said...

Striking layout for this quilt--looks great against the hay trailer!

Sherrill said...

I, like many others, LOVE the way your framed your light + blocks with the dark + blocks!! Good job, girl!

Nann said...

Great backdrop for your positivity quilt! I like the blue/neutral contrasts.

quiltingbydawn said...

I really like all the positivity quilts popping up! I like the layout you choose! Your hay trailer is a great backdrop for your quilt!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Woo Hoo on the finish, Alycia and your hay trailer looks fabulous all decked out in this sweet quilt. I am working on some Positivity blocks myself. Thank you for hosting the link party and have an awesome weekend.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Sounds like a good week, and I really love the Positivity quilt; it glows!

cityquilter grace said...

very nice version of positivity!

Astrid said...

I LOVE your Positivity quilt! Love the colors and the dark blue border makes it PERFECT!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Awesome Positivity quilt top, Alycia!

Andree G. Faubert said...

Congrats on your Positivity quilt top. What a great colour combination! The wagon makes for a great prop. Take care.

Bonnie said...

Oh that top looks good. And, sorry, but I am so jealous of your hanging location today. We live on a postage stamp and there aren't very many places to take pictures. I like the dark blue surrounded by the yellows. It is such an easy block to make I'll probably make it again some day.

Carol Andrews said...

Beautiful quilt and such a fun prop to use; useful and vintage! 😉

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Alycia! Oh, your Positivity quilt top turned out just fab. I love all the different fabrics you used. I'd say your prop is pretty darn cool and unique! Mine is just the living room floor - not too creative! HAHA! {{Hugs}} Take care. ~smile~ Roseanne

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

What a gorgeous quilt! The hay wagon is a great prop, and I love your clips holding the top in place.

Bernie Kringel said...

Great picture of the quilt top - so rustic. I love it. I spent a bit of time this afternoon and made another 1/2 dozen or so blocks. I am getting there. The blocks go together so easily - hoping I can get the top assembled sooner than later! Yours is lovely though!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

The quilt turned out great.

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

I love how this has a plus style border, Alycia!!! Great photo shoot, too!

JanineMarie said...

What a beautiful setting to show off your gorgeous quilt! If Puppy helped you find it, Puppy has a great eye.