Friday, February 28, 2020

Spiderwebs... the good kind

because the bad kind creep me out!!

I am starting to see a Thursday Trend around here... I finish a Quilt... I want to take a photo.. the wind blows...  I think it doesn't like me much!

Ah well!! Welcome to Finished (or Not) Friday!!! 


So this is my Spiderweb Quilt ( Pattern can be found here: https://maryquilts.com/spiderweb-quilt/  )

By the way... Every time I think I don't have something to finish... I find something... how about you??


I used a lot of strips up and you know what? I have more... But isn't this a cool way to use them?
( Thanks Mary for the cool pattern!)


 Close up of the quilting... just cuz - you know.. I am a quilter ( bwahh haahaaa)

Now it is your turn - Link up your Finishes ( or Not) and let us drool!
Please again - use direct links.




(PS - there were 28 finishes last week - way to go!)

****************************************

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter


*****************************************

Also Linking to:
Can I get a Whoop Whoop at Confessions of a Fabriholic
TGIF Friday  at Home Sewn By Us

16 comments:

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Alycia! Your version of spider web is really COOL. They do look like webs, and that quilting pattern you chose really gives them movement. Rather like the wind that is blowing so hard it is difficult for photos. Nice job! Thanks for the linky party today. I'm off to read a few. ~smile~ Roseanne

Cathy said...

If you look at it long enough those blocks look like they are moving kind of like those old wiggle pictures. (Or maybe I'm just seeing things). That's a fun pattern. I might have to try it. Congrats on your finish. Oh, and I know what you mean about weather when it is time to take a photo of a finish. It's either too windy, too cold, too snowy...so I try to finish on Mondays and watch the weather report for the week so I know when to take the pics. I took the photos I'm linking today on Wednesday. It's snowing and windy this morning.

Jayne said...

I love this Spider web quilt! It reminded me that I had a dream last night about a spider...which like you I am not a fan of! This design is a wonderful way to use lots of strips in any color!

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

I LOVE spiderweb quilts! Yours turned out great!

Delighted Hands said...

This is a really cool spider web quilt--I love the motion you've created with this quilt! (that's why the wind blows when you try to photograph it! lol)

Leanne Parsons said...

I've never made a spider web quilt, but they've always intrigued me. Yours looks fantastic!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Great quilt, this pattern is cool!

Susan said...

Love your spider web quilt!!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Fabulous finish, Alycia!!

Myra @ Busy Hands Quilts said...

I've never thought of using two fabrics in the border, but it sure works here, doesn't it!?

Quilter Kathy said...

Love the windy day quilting design... great finish!
Many more great finishes in the link up!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Nice quilt. If you were closer, I'd give you a bunch of strings.

Sherrill said...

Very cool (and psychedelic!!).

Anja @ Anja Quilts said...

It looks great. I feel your pain about not being able to get decent photos. Hurry up Spring!!!!

Marti said...

I like your spider webs. They are kind of spooky looking.

dq said...

Yes, they are the good kind of spider webs! I love that you can do it with scraps. Congratulations on a great finish, and yes, with great machine quilting!