Sunday, December 30, 2012

End of the Year QOV report

Sort of... I have learned that some of us who lean to the creative side, lack the accounting side of things. And no matter how hard I try.. it eludes me!

I wish I could keep track of lots of things - but on the bright side.... I have not left my children behind ONCE this year!!! Progress!!

Anyways in 2012  we presented


A total of                  530 Quilts of Valor

The recap of where they went is Here

I have been asked what exactly is the WTB - or the Warriors in Transition Battalion is... and here is my civilian answer.    It is the Battalion on post that houses our wounded soldiers as they are receiving treatments for their injuries. I refer to it a lot as the WTB - because I am a bad typer - and initials are VERY prevalent in the military.   

As each soldier comes in to the unit - they *in-process* , during this in process there are a lot of things evaluated, and decided. But to me, the Most Important Part is that we get to present them with a Quilt of Valor.

This is decidedly the most important part - right?  

I thank you all for your help, your dedication, and your ability to help encourage our wounded warriors. To provide a hug for them, to let them know that in the worst part of their days - there are people who care !


10 comments:

Impera Magna said...

Congratulations! 530 QoV is a huge number of quilts... thank you for what you and your cohorts do!!!

Missy Shay said...

Wow, 530 quilts! What an accomplishment!

Kevin the Quilter said...

You are an angel on earth! Seriously! What an accomplishment!

Kate said...

Wow! That's a lot of quilts to a very important group of people! Hope you can take a moment to congratulate yourself on a job well done for 2012.

Sue in Scottsdale, AZ said...

What a wonderful group of quilters you have sending you QoVs - 530 is a terrific number of quilts. I only wish I had time to make more than I did. You and all the people making these QoVs are a blessing to all the soldiers who receive them. Thank you for letting me be a part of this group!

Sherrill said...

I can't remember if you had a goal for # of quilts received for 2012 and, if so, how'd it go? That's a huge # of quilts just through your QOV group considering there are lots more around the country. Bet you are right up there at the top! WTG!!

Judy V. from Thornton, CO said...

It has been a real honor and privilege being a part of this group right here in CO to make this many QOVs for our warriors! Thanks for all your encouragement and inspiration you have given us by keeping us in the loop and sharing pictures of the beautiful QOVS!

librarylady said...

WOW! That is quite an accomplishment. Congratulations to you and everyone that contributed. You have inspired me to start a QOV group, the Patriotic Piecemakers, here in Springfield, MO. We are looking forward to making quilts for our soldiers. Thank you for sharing your passion!
Tanya Perretta

Norece said...

WOW! I can't believe 530 quilts! Thanks to you 530 Heros have received a quilt of love.

Thanks you.

Andee said...

Yippee..so glad the soldiers are getting their quilts..I need to pick a pattern and get started on another QOV!