Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Fire Fundraising Benefit

A lot of you know my Dad is the Fire Chief of the Livermore Fire Department here in Colorado. Livermore, Glacier View, and Red Feathers fire departments were hit pretty badly with the High Park Fire, not only in fire loss and damage, but in use of their departments, and equipment.


These are all Volunteer Fire Departments, and receive very limited funding. Not only were 240 homes lost, but the wear and tear on these departments were quite significant.


My Dad has been blessed by Firehouse Quilts as they have provided some Ambulance quilts, as well as Marilyn , who will be sending some quilts - as these have REALLY provided comfort to some wired up and scared kids.My mom got to give a little kiddo a quilt, and she said it was so cool. The little kiddo's eye lit up, and he refused to let go of the quilt. he really needed that comfort!


If you live in Colorado or Wyoming, the three fire departments are hosting a fundraiser and benefit to raise some funds to keep the departments going, and make repairs to the equipment. 


There will be  food, fun, a silent auction, and Music. And of course I will be there for a little while. 


If you are interested in this - email me, we can meet up!!

2 comments:

Impera Magna said...

I wish I could come... volunteer fire departments provide such incredible service to their communities.

During a recent thunderstorm here, lightning struck the home of a coworker, causing a fire... the home was destroyed. The family was on vacation when they got the news and drove home not knowing the extent of the damage.

It's going to be a long road for them to rebuild.... I was thinking last night that a quilt might be comforting during their journey back to normalcy.

Dana said...

Alycia, I live in Colorado Springs so of course, I understand what your community has gone thru. Please email me a mailing address at danadhines@gmail.com, I'd love to send a donation. God bless our firefighters and police, I don't want to think about what would happen if we didn't have these wonderful people to depend on!