Monday, September 20, 2010

Hay and Sunshine

It is that time again when we start hauling hay for the year. Earlier this summer we were asked to give some kiddos lessons on our horses. I said NO immediately cuz you all know how much I don't like kids right????

We have know these kids for a long time so we let them come ride, and in return do a little work. You see where this is going right? 

My kids did all the loading, and our friends kids did all the unloading. It was  beautiful!!! I got to supervise, watch everyone work, chit chat a little.... you couldn't ask for a better system could you?

Wrangler Man has been breaking another horse and had him all saddled up when the kiddos arrived. The youngest boy was impressed with this horse. Romeo the horse liked the boy too. ( thats them in the top picture)



On the Quilty Side: Rubydell and I are hosting a Quilt of Valor Sew Day this Sunday afternoon. I thought that maybe I would demonstrate a new block and have who ever wanted to make them, do so. This block in unfinished 9 inches in size. Probably I will set them 6 x 8 with a border. And sort of twist them like a rail fence setting? 

 What do you think?

2 comments:

see mary stamp said...

I love your block! So cute.

marilyn said...

That block looks really cute! 1 1/2 inch strips and a 4 1/2 inch square? I think I could even manage a couple of those. But probably not enough for a whole quilt. That would take me way too long :)

And I might even come over to play with horses and move some hay as a trade!