Sunday, November 15, 2009

Quilts from Illinois and.... Snow!


The group in Illinois is so very, very prolific - I think I ought to go visit them sometime! Maybe I can get some of there go-jo ( that's like mojo but better for quilters!)
~
This first quilt was pieced by Diane and Quilted by Arlene.
I love how they find unique ways to use the panel prints. I have a few and am always looking for great ways to use them.
~
The strippy quilt was pieced by Debbie and quilted by Arlene. Isn't that a pretty quilt? Very subtle. I know that Mary over at http://www.maryquilts.com has a quick and easy strippie pattern.

~
The next two quilts were made by Diane D - and I think she did them all. I love the use of the blocks, and the colors. It is so much fun to lay the quilts at and sit there and stare at them. I just love the creativity and the colors of each and every quilt.
~
Thank you Illinois quilters!!
~
And of course - what would a post be with out a little about our lives? This is what we woke up to this morning. It was beautiful. We probably only got about 5 inches of snow, much to my kids' dismay. They would really like to be snowed in for a month. But once they realized that we missed grocery shopping day - they pretty much changed their minds!
~
The snow was wet and enough that we got to do a lot of sledding today. That was a blast - and cold.






Hope you all had a great weekend! Thank you for all the encouragement, especially over the Estes Park post. That was a really special evening.


3 comments:

Nancy said...

Beautiful quilts!

Yikes, snow again? Glad that you got the white stuff this time instead of Wyoming.

Amy said...

No snow here yet....earlier in Oct. we had some flutterings, but that's about it.....
soon enough...soon enough.

Anonymous said...

Oh, snow! My kids are jealous (okay, I admit it, I am too! LOL)!

Beautiful quilts. I love the star one....ohhhh the colors....yummy. You are so blessed to be able to see so many luscious quilts up close and personal! Then to be able to give them away to our vets! Wow...cool!

(I will see if I can put any more exclamation points in here......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Bari