Friday, May 24, 2019

Flannel Pastels

On that fateful day..... when I was organizing..... I found a bundle of Pastel Plaid Flannel - Given to me by my friend Lois and her quilters.... and I decided that that day was the day to try something with them....

a little bit ago I had received Dianne Knotts Book - Strip Quilt Secrets - and being one to love looking at pictures - I saw a ..... can you guess it..... a.....

Log Cabin Quilt in her book - and I thought - wow these would look great in a Log Cabin

So I proceeded to cut them all up!

and this is what is where I am as of last night



The Pastels actually turned out darker than I thought they would - thank goodness !!


and because I am sure you want to see the babies....

Momma Mares


And their mini Me's



Aren't they s0 cute?

10 comments:

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I find flannel bits hard to use. But you sure turned yours into a lovely quilt!

The Joyful Quilter said...

What could be cozier than a Log Cabin quilt made of FLANNELS?!?! LOVE!!!

kupton52 said...

I love working with flannels...(hate the lint but always love the end-product)...this is a lovely quilt. I particularly like this pattern with it's peekaboo look of the center triangles. Lovely!

WeedyMama said...

Questions: Do you ever sleep? How many foals do you have, and are you expecting? Any baby kitties?

Farm Quilter said...

Oh, your babies are so adorable!!! Your log cabin is going to be lovely, but your babies!!!!!

Linda said...

I don’t think I have ever seen a Log Cabin with HSTs for the centre square. They are so effective! Must remember this idea. Great use of the gifted pastel flannels - you have turned them into a super quilt.

scraphappy said...

Great job turning those hard to use bits into a beautiful top.

Pat said...

I love your blocks! Thanks for sharing the babies!

Kate said...

Another pretty scrappy quilt. Hopefully getting those fabrics into blocks helped with the sewing room clean up. In spite of the snow fall, it looks really green where the new babies are hanging with mom.

Vicki W said...

That's going to be a very pretty scrappy quilt!