Monday, November 20, 2017

Scrappy Hearts Quilt

Progress!!!!

My scrappy Hearts Leader and Ender Blocks are now a quilt top!!

Whoot Whoot!!

So here is it as it is growing - and then I ran out of strips - so instead of going to dig in my fabrics like any good stashbuster would do - I simply stopped - and started laying it out!


and then - with each bottom of the heart I ended up with half squares





So they became a border!!
Yay!!

Hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving
I will see you after Turkey Day!


13 comments:

Judy V in Thornton CO said...

The layout reminds me of a modern quilt...I love it!

Libby in TN said...

Fun hearts and a fabulous use of the cutoff triangles!

tealeafquilts said...

Love it! No pattern I guess. Really cute and a great QOV.

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

Love that photo of the sun glowing through the top! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours -

Elaine M said...

It is lovely and great border, Seems cold for exposed toes.

Michele said...

I like it and using the leftovers for the border was a great idea.

Dorothy said...

I love it !!!

Kate said...

Ooooh, nice! I like that layout, it's a lot more dramatic than having a pieced block in every square.

The Joyful Quilter said...

I should have know it would be a Patriotic quilt!! The bonus HSTs? Awesome idea for a border!!

Phyllis said...

Looks great!! Clever you.

WeedyMama said...

Happy Hearts a'Risin! I like it.

Unknown said...

I REALLY LOVE THIS LAYOUT AND THE USE OF THE HALF-SQUARE BLOCKS IN THE EDGES.

Cathy said...

Wonderful! And very heart healthy! And aren't you so clever using up those no waste waste triangles!