Sunday, January 01, 2017

Januarys UFO and One Monthly Goal Challenge

I am doing it!! I am jumping in!!! I am ready..... until 5pm tonite I am sure - but this morning!! I am pumped up - ready to go, go for the win ( ok the finish!!)

This is my January Project!

This Block!!! It is the Chimney Sweep Block and I am in love with it! I wanted to use 2 1/2 inch strips though and EVERY pattern I found was for bigger strips!! What is a girl to do?

I wrote my own!! and it is here - if you want to attempt it   Quiltygirl's Craftsy Site   ( It's free)


My Mission - should I choose to accept it!!!  Finish making the WHOLE TWELVE Blocks

And!!

Make a Quilt - I mean for real - set them, quilt it.... and the kicker.... Bind it!!

If I get to the binding you can bet there will be a reward of some kind.... A day in the mountains?  A hike someplace?  Or Wrangler Man cleans the kitchen?  hmmmmm what shall it be!!




To push me forward I am linking up with Elm Street Quilts' One Monthly Goal Challenge

AND                                     PatchworkTimes UFO Challenge


I'm also linking up with:
http://quiltingismorefunthanhousework.blogspot.com on Oh scrap




13 comments:

Stephanie D said...

Cute block! I can see this one used in an autograph quilt, with swaps from friends or guild members! Good luck!

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

Good luck! When you get to the binding - and actually finish the binding - I'll be cheering big time for you! All the best in 2017 - Happy New Year!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

This is one of my favorite blocks. Yours are looking great. Thanks for sharing them with Oh Scrap! Happy 2017!

Kathy S. said...

Go, go, go! You can do it! Go, go, go. It's a beautiful block. Can't wait to see the rest... all set... all quilted... and bound! Go, go, go!

Karen's Korner said...

Good luck with achieving your goal and I look forward to seeing the quilt completed. We are all behind you on this one.

The Joyful Quilter said...

LOVE those green Chimney Sweep blocks!! Best of luck turning them into a completed quilt.

SandyPA said...

Hi! I have always liked this block. Maybe you could make this your Thankful Quilt and write in people or experiences for which you are thankful. I am leaning toward making this in blues someday.

Nancy A: rangerer@sbcglobal.net said...

I have started a quilt using this pattern. It is a friendship quilt. Before we moved from IL to AL, I asked people at our church to sign the center using colored ink instead of embroidery. Actually I think I will be able to make 3 quilts. The first one is being done with 1930's prints.

Paige said...

Can't wait to see this one! Good Luck!

Patty said...

You can make that quilt! Fun block. Thanks for thinking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal. Good luck with your goal!

Kate said...

These are such fun blocks. Good luck with your January goal!

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking Wrangler Man cleans the kitchen. That would be a real prize! =) What a gorgeous quilt it will be - love the greens. Thanks for the pattern. I have tons of left over 2.5" strips for a scrappy version.

Robby said...

Can't imagine how I've not seen this block before. Yours look so good, I think they might be the answer to a gender neutral quilt I need to make. Thanks for sharing your work.