Monday, November 28, 2016

Mystery Monday and more!!

I hope you all had a Great Thanksgiving and week. My whole family was home, and man did I work them.... More about that tomorrow!!

In Between all the work - Bonnie EnProvence Mystery Clue #1 came out!! Yippee!!  The men went Black Friday Shopping... and I started in on Clue #1

( before you give them too much grief - Carhartt Jackets were on sale, and mine is 22 years old, and Smooth Wire was on sale, and Hay tarps.... so you know - it was all manly stuff!)

As you know - Bonnie patterns are pretty scrappy, but she gave some cool options for this first step - so mine feels a little boring - but I am sure it will work out great in the end!!

So! There it is in all of its Glory - Clue #1



(PS - I'm linking to Kevin's EnProvence too - he and I are both doing it in Patriotics!!!)

And since it didn't take me as long as I had scheduled for - I started working on this!



My goal is 12 blocks - I am now up to 9 blocks
(maybe 10 by the time you read this, but I hadn't squared it up yet 
so it doesn't count)

and yes - I am double Designing Walling !!



These are Chimney Sweep blocks
Every pattern I read had them in 2 7/8 inch strips
but I had a huge box of pre cute 2 1/2 inch strips - 
so I modified the pattern a bit

You can find it in my Craftsy store ( for free)
if your interested




Linking to:

12 comments:

Deb said...

LOL, sent mine shopping also! To the Man Mall and it wasn't as bad as he feared.
I was only going to do one neutral this year but Bonnie convinced me to use 2.LOL

Rebecca Grace said...

I have never heard of "double design walling" before! I love your chimney sweep blocks. I enjoy watching other people's mystery quilts unfold, but I think actually trying to follow along and do one of my own would make me crazy. I'm way too much of a control freak. Sewing without knowing the whole plan would make me feel like I'm driving the car but I have no idea where I'm going! :-)

Monica said...

LOL, I am also enjoying my extra free time this week. This is a lot of white squares, I'm keen to see how they'll be used!

Andee Neff said...

Easy peasy!

Ramona said...

I love your Chimney Sweep blocks. The greens are wonderful.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Lots going on today!! Have FUN with the BH Mystery (because at this point, I'm not sure that I'll be joining you.)

Kevin the Quilter said...

I am excited to see how your 3.5" blocks play in the quilt compared to the 4 patches! I think it was great that Bonnie gave options too! ANd the Chimney Sweep Block quilt is a winner!

Missy Shay said...

I love those chimney sweep blocks!

Kate said...

You got a great start on the neutrals. Looking forward to seeing yours and Kevin version of this quilt.

GrandmaCindy said...

I have decided to join you and Kevin using the patriotic colors to do Bonnie's MQ. Since it is my first attempt at a MQ, I have also chosen to start with half the count of pieces and have a throw size. Have a good and safe Winter, Cindy Nelson.

Bonnie said...

Hum, love the chimney sweep block. One of the quilt guilds I'm in used to use those for friendship signature blocks. They were a pain to make so we went to easier blocks! At least you have started En Provence. I'm skipping as I have 2 of her quilts unfinished -- one is Easy Street from several years ago.

Julie said...

I'm amazed at all the people starting this Mystery Quilt now right before the holidays. I'm keeping a running list of "Not Quite Sane", and adding you to it under my name. I'll love this in patriotic colors, I think, and am also choosing another palette to suit my tastes. Purple is a hard color for me to buy.