Monday, November 14, 2016

Boo Boo Blocks

That is now this Quilts name in my head - can you imagine when I go to present it - I will tell the Veteran - your Quilt is named Boo Boo Blocks.... and everyone will probably look at me like I sprung a leak!

I will need to rename it before hand!

Anyways - the 6  blocks - that were 12 1/2 to 13 inches in size are now their own quilt and I believe they are happy!   It has a back all chosen, and is in my Queue to Quilt....


Here it is - in all of it's glorious Scrappy Ness!!
I love it!

Here are the blocks when I was trying to figure out how I wanted it to look
The yellow tags were the block sizes 
I knew I had a bad memory and would forget as soon as I looked away!



Each strip of fabric
reminded me of another quilt!
Too cool


And laying them out to make it the right size
I sort of took over the house - 
Good thing my Men are nice to me!


And now....
It needs to be quilted !
Yay!!

Now - just a little precursor - the Block drive is now finished - you can still send blocks ( we will love them I promise) but they won't count for prizes. Wednesday I will have a recap for you

This last weekend was sort of like the Super Bowl of Quilts of Valor - Veterans Day was well awarded.  ( I have no idea if that makes sense or not - but keep coming back - it will!)

Linking to:
Monday Making
Moving it Forward
Patchwork Times
Main Crush Monday

15 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

I love the Boo Boo Blocks quilt!! Adding the random bits of leftovers made it extra special.

tealeafquilts said...

What a fun quilt and great idea! Carol

Judy V from Thornton said...

The blocks are real poppers....a great way to use leftover colorful scraps from QOVs!

Run 'n Stitch said...

I really like the scrappy, random quilt. It will make someone very happy.

Ariane said...

I love how you put the blocks together!! It's going to be an amazing quilt!

Vicki W said...

Well, that turned out really cute!

Elaine M said...

Nice idea and they look great. Happy Stars!

Dar said...

Yes, you will have to come up with another name before it gets presented to a veteran. lol Nice save! You are very creative with those not so perfect blocks. That takes talent.

Terri said...

The centers remind me of twinkle stars. :D

Missy Shay said...

I love the name, don't change it!

Carlie Nichols said...

What a joyful quilt. So much better than a perfect one!!!!
Carlie

Katie Z. said...

I love it! What a great way to rescue the blocks.

Gayle Bong said...

Yes the blocks are happy now! Love the name; much better than orphan blocks. That's what they are otherwise, aren't they?

Patti said...

I really like the way you put the color choices together

Kate said...

You'd never know the blocks didn't start off a perfect. Great way to use those mis-matched pretties.