Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Quilts of Valor Sept #5

You ever have one of those weeks where all of a sudden you realize it's Wednesday??

Last night we were watching Agents of Shield - and I had that Light Bulb Moment.... It's Tuesday nite..... which means that tomorrow is Wednesday!  Get Moooooving!!

I will tell you this is a Photo Laden Post - But I hope you will find it worth it!!


This group of Combat Veterans were so very surprised to be honored with Quilts of Valor
It was pretty cool, and sort of hard to keep my mouth shut (ha ha - no comments about that ok!)


On to the Wonky Stars that have arrived

These blocks are from Debbie in FL
They are bringing some sunshine!!


The next group comes from Carlie
in North Carolina 


Then we have blocks from Dianne in CO


And Next ( yes I had boy help!)
A huge stack of blocks from Holly in Brazil  .... Okay .. Brazil , Indiana 
but doesn't Brazil look cool?


Holly also sent in a Bunch of Backings!!  Thanks Holly!


And now on to the quilty inspirations!!
Ready??   
This first quilt is pieced by Marilyn and Quilted by Sandi
Both of these ladies are in my Quilt guild!


The next one is MQX block drive blocks
Assembled by the UNC Softball team
Bordered by K. T
Quilted by Sandy



The next Five quilts come from the Columbine Quilters
in Colorado.  This pattern was designed by one of their members






This quilt was made by the Interfaith Quilters
If you look at the Veterans Photo Above - you will see who received it.
he was Amazed




- Wonky Star Blocks - You can still send them in - until November 11th to be eligible for prizes..

Prizes you ask??? Oh Yes - the Fantabulous Vicki Welsh (find her Etsy Store here:  https://www.etsy.com/shop/vickiwelsh )  She has graciously donated Two Packs of Fabric!!

I'll show you more next week - but All your addresses are going into a drawing bag - on the 11th of November I will draw two winners for the fabric packs!!   YAY!!!

5 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Another wonderful display of soldier quilts. Thanks for keeping the inspiration coming (and the reminders to send in my blocks!!)

Sherrill said...

Love all the beautiful quilts but I think my fav is the string quilt. LOVE! I need your addy so I can send you my star blocks. Thanks!!

Karen said...

Lots of georgeous quilts for heroes. I like the pattern that is an original design. Lots of lovely stars. You are going to have lots of fun sewing them.

Holly in Indiana said...

I would love to see the pattern for the quilt designed by one of Columbine's members. I would even buy it. Love it.

Kate said...

Lots of fun blocks. I've started on mine. Lots of beautiful QOVs this week.