Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Quilts of Valor 2014

Happy Wednesday!!!

Hope you have had a great Quilty Week so far!!  I sure have... and I am having fun! I had visitors yesterday - that always inspires me. They were so excited and had made a LOT of Quilts of Valor - it was fun to check them all out!!


So - are you ready to be inspired??

Buckle in!!!

If you have followed my blog for a while - you will remember that every so often I host a block drive. My favorite part about this - is that we have quilts that have a minimum of 30 people involved in that quilt. It is amazing to be able to say - you are hugged!!

Quilt from Scrappy Trips block drive.




The other thing I like is that it gives us a chance to have a lot of quilts in a lot of different phases - making sure we keep our supply up.






Some of them take a short time to get into the hands of our Veterans, and others take a while.

Either way it allows us to keep the supply in motion, and keep the choices of quilts variegated.

Smiles are totally worth it right?



 I hope you will agree - because Sunday!! - you will want to come back - I promise!!


 This lovely Quilt of Valor was pieced by Liz M and quilted by Debbie. They brought it into Ruths Stitchery in Colorado Springs, and Beth got it to me... and voila - you get to be inspired!


This is another one Pieced by Liz - it was quilted by Stefanie - and again brought into Ruths. I love this center of this quilt!! They make a great team!
 A close up - cuz I know you wanted to see it!

And the back..... Isn't that cool?

This is the Third quilt pieced by Liz - 
It was quilted by Donna.  



This beauty was pieced and quilted by Anne K in Colorado Springs. Such a great quilt!!

Another block Drive Quilt - this one from fall of 2013

A block Drive Quilt. I tell you - this quilt made this Vets day
It was amazing ;-)


This quilt was pieced and quilted by GBH in Monument.   It is a pretty cool illusion isn't it?
The next two quilts were made by Anonymous.
Anonymous is an impressive quilter! 

If you know who you are - I would love to give you credit!!
These are beautiful!


To encourage you to come back on Sunday - another Block Drive quilt. You all these are really so much fun. So many of you send in blocks, and then we invite other to come in and assemble.   We have had the University of Northern Colorado Softball players, the Key Club, our guild, our regular QOV sew-ists ( that I could not live without) , and even some veterans!

I love how they give everyone an opportunity to love on a Veteran. To let them know that we are grateful for them!

So.... Here is a Hint!
I already told you to dig out your patriotic 2 1/2 inch pieces...
Hint Number two:

Reds and Creams - should be at least 8 1/2 inches
Blues should be at least 10 1/2 inches


See you Sunday!!! Enjoy!!

4 comments:

Terri said...

Another great show. My favorites are the smile pictures. thanks for sharing, Alycia.
Hugs
PS - all my fabrics are packed to move... sorry but I can't participate this time. (I'm sorry for me, mostly.)

Andee said...

Love to see the vets smiling! Another block drive, great idea!

Cathy said...

Ok. I'll be back Sunday! As always, lovely quilt show!

Kate said...

Great smiles, gorgeous quilts! Such a special combination.