Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Quilts of Valor 2014

School Starts Today.... It was a little crazy getting my guys up... they like summer mornings ;-)

I will be honest - this is the first year I have actually been ready to get back on a schedule, or at least a schedule that I can work with, and get lots of quilting time in!

Are you ready for a great quilt show??  Me too!  I love show and tell at guild meetings!! I love them on blogs too!


So here we go!!

This first quilt was pieced and quilted by Carolyn in OH. She blogs at http://sweetpeasandpossum.blogspot.com/


I believe that this was a Mystery from the yahoo group MysteryQuilts4Military   - check them out!!


The next two quilts were put together by the University of Northern Colorado Softball team. They had such a great time playing with our Block Drive Blocks and coming up with great combinations.



Both of these were quilted by Carolyn R at the Quilters Stash... ( PS - if you are going through Windsor CO - stop by - Quilters stash is a great quilt shop!!!)



Tada!! This is the Allegiance Mystery Quilt - instructions start http://alyciaquilts.blogspot.com/2014/05/allegiance-quilt-of-valor-mystery.html  and each step is listed unde the Allegiance Tab above.
 PS - this was pieced and quilted by me
 

This is one of the quilt tops that my guild made - I quilted it.
 I put a fleece back on it.... it needed some snuggliness!


 This lovely Quilt of Valor was pieced by the Columbine Quilt guild. Isn't it great?




Another beauty pieced and quilted by The Columbine Quilt guild.



This is another group effort. Marci Baker donated the strippy top, and Joan K donated the borders backing, and the quilting.

The last yummy quilt for this week... pieced by Janelle and Quilted by John A.

 I put quite a few photos of this one in as the quilting just made me so happy. I loved the look it gave!!


Seriously - the back... I can see myself using this side as the top too!!!
Hope you enjoyed today's quilt show. I sure appreciate you stopping by to see all the lovelies that will be heading to their forever homes!!


6 comments:

Terri said...

Another beautiful smile, oh and the quilts are beautiful, too.
Those that give them get good Karma. Bless you ladies, and gents.
Hugs

Vicki W said...

I love gour Allegiance quilt! I got the binding on mine last night. Should be in the mail to you next week!

Amy said...

Holy wowsers! That is a LOT of QOV awesomeness!!!!

Happy 2014-15 school year, Momma Alycia :D

Anonymous said...

As always a great show and beautiful quilts. Thanks Alycia.
Marilyn

Kate said...

It's always so fun to see all the beautiful QOVs.

kathy-o said...

LOVE the QOV program - and your service is invaluable! hugs to you